[COMPLETE] The Lords of Ellingham by Henry Spicer - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I can do Officer if that works. My huntsman was in 4 and rather slight. Jim :)
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Kerry,
For Lawrency, Act 3, at 2:40--please add the bolded words: "...paced from hall to hall." and "...in answer to their echoes." It sounds great--what a villain he is!

Thank you,
Lora
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:24 am I can do Officer if that works. My huntsman was in 4 and rather slight. Jim :)
yes, that would be a great help! Thanks! :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here they are. For Act 3, I combined the two Officers. Does that present a logistical problem?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_officer_3.mp3
0:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_officer_5.mp3\1:06

Jim
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ktaylor07 wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:24 am
yourbookvoice wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 6:13 am Ok, that makes sense to me now.

I hope this corrected version will fly. I am finding that Lawrency is more than a callow cad; he's a bit more complex as a character than my first reading of the script revealed. I hope I was able to convey that in this act, where Lawrency wrestles with the last vestiges of conscience, as his evil nature finally suffocates his withered soul giving full vent to his psychotic selfishness, and gives total rule to the demon of deceit.

If you any insights, suggestions or directions for Act III, I would be most appreciative. I will began my interpretation of Act III once this Act II submission is PL approved . Thanks again, and be of good cheer.
Kerry Adams
I agree. Lawrency starts out as just a haughty and arrogant fellow in Act I -- but by Act V, he has become thoroughly evil. I think perhaps the playwright wants us to see that once Lawrency betrays the conspiracy, this act has a corrosive effect on his very soul. Every subsequent action he commits in the play becomes increasingly impure until he becomes almost demonic.
Thank you for having posted this. The conversation struck me as a wonderful example of why I think we all read these plays and things aloud at LV; why we keep on doing it year after year; why "not now, I'm recording" comes from our lips to otherwise enticing invitations.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it ain't for the fame nor riches nor even counting up the number of listener downloads our catalog items generate.

It's to get beyond the first reading of some words in a script into an actual understanding of the various characters that our authors created. To feel their emotions and motivations. To empathize as they wrestle with the "demons of deceit" as above, or perhaps glory in their successes. To wonder how we would react in such a situation. To think about how times have changed and how some characterizations are thusly no longer valid with that change; where some patterns of thoughts and actions are timeless and still apparent in people and events around us today.

At least this is why I'm still around here approaching 11 years next month....

Thanks, Todd
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 4th, 2022, 6:55 am Here they are. For Act 3, I combined the two Officers. Does that present a logistical problem?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_officer_3.mp3
0:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_officer_5.mp3\1:06

Jim
No problem! Thanks, Jim! :D
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

ToddHW wrote: July 4th, 2022, 6:58 am
ktaylor07 wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:24 am
yourbookvoice wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 6:13 am Ok, that makes sense to me now.

I hope this corrected version will fly. I am finding that Lawrency is more than a callow cad; he's a bit more complex as a character than my first reading of the script revealed. I hope I was able to convey that in this act, where Lawrency wrestles with the last vestiges of conscience, as his evil nature finally suffocates his withered soul giving full vent to his psychotic selfishness, and gives total rule to the demon of deceit.

If you any insights, suggestions or directions for Act III, I would be most appreciative. I will began my interpretation of Act III once this Act II submission is PL approved . Thanks again, and be of good cheer.
Kerry Adams
I agree. Lawrency starts out as just a haughty and arrogant fellow in Act I -- but by Act V, he has become thoroughly evil. I think perhaps the playwright wants us to see that once Lawrency betrays the conspiracy, this act has a corrosive effect on his very soul. Every subsequent action he commits in the play becomes increasingly impure until he becomes almost demonic.
Thank you for having posted this. The conversation struck me as a wonderful example of why I think we all read these plays and things aloud at LV; why we keep on doing it year after year; why "not now, I'm recording" comes from our lips to otherwise enticing invitations.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it ain't for the fame nor riches nor even counting up the number of listener downloads our catalog items generate.

It's to get beyond the first reading of some words in a script into an actual understanding of the various characters that our authors created. To feel their emotions and motivations. To empathize as they wrestle with the "demons of deceit" as above, or perhaps glory in their successes. To wonder how we would react in such a situation. To think about how times have changed and how some characterizations are thusly no longer valid with that change; where some patterns of thoughts and actions are timeless and still apparent in people and events around us today.

At least this is why I'm still around here approaching 11 years next month....

Thanks, Todd
Thanks for being here, Todd, and helping us deal with a thousand questions and odd problems and weird technical details so we can get on to the lovely business of bringing these wonderful old plays back to life! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Jim,
PL Okay for the officers, Acts 3 and 5.

Thanks,
Lora
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you! Jim :)
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

ADKreader1122 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 6:25 pm Hello Kerry,
For Lawrency, Act 3, at 2:40--please add the bolded words: "...paced from hall to hall." and "...in answer to their echoes." It sounds great--what a villain he is!

Thank you,
Lora
Thank you for drawing this misreading of the script to my attention. I will make the edits as soon as I can, and then... onward and forward. With Lawrency one can never say upward, for he is on steep incline downward from this point to his dismal end.
Be of good cheer.
Kerry
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Lawrency Act 3:
Resubmission: new insert: 2:23 - 3:06

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_lawrency_3.mp3
New time: 13m 0s
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Awesome, Kerry--PL Okay.

Thank you,
Lora
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sure, I'll do Girl for Act 1 :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

LCaulkins wrote: July 7th, 2022, 2:14 pm Sure, I'll do Girl for Act 1 :)
Thanks! Welcome to the cast!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Here is a Bagot, if he is still needed and if this suits you. My voice is fairly ruined, but I didn't know if that would matter for this role.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lordsofellingham_bagot_2.mp3

Again, if this does not suit you, just ignore the submission. If it can be saved by my adding more excitement or shouting, I can do that. I always needed quite a lot of direction when I acted as a young man.