COMPLETE[PLAY]Letty by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: May 16th, 2022, 1:02 am
hey, Wayne, thank you so much for this. I like it that the butler for once has more to say than just usher the people in. You played him to perfection, a regular Jeeves I would say, but the bit of a rasp you put into your voice give him an interesting twist. I picture him an ex-conman, now gone straight and making an honourable living for once. :mrgreen: I can still see a scar on his cheek from a backalley brawl....

Act 4 is PL ok.

One small cut for Act 1:

> at 0:29: (p. 45) repeat, one version can get cut: "Extremely sorry, sit. I should hardly say it was as warm as all that."

thanks

Sonia
I can't believe I did that. In the first one I added a "that" that wasn't there, redid it, and duh, forgot to delete the first one. Sorry.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/letty_ruggs_1.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: May 16th, 2022, 10:14 pmI can't believe I did that. In the first one I added a "that" that wasn't there, redid it, and duh, forgot to delete the first one. Sorry.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/letty_ruggs_1.mp3
and now PL ok, thanks, Wayne.

Sonia
frecklefriday

Post by frecklefriday »

Hi there, would love to read for Frédéric in Act 3 if that's OK with you? Always love a nice accent, looks fun! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I read Ordish?

Thank you!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
frecklefriday

Post by frecklefriday »

Hi there, here's the part of Frédéric in Act 3! Let me know if you need anything changed! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/letty_frederic_3.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

frecklefriday wrote: May 24th, 2022, 8:38 amHi there, here's the part of Frédéric in Act 3! Let me know if you need anything changed! :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/letty_frederic_3.mp3
super, wonderfully portrayed and your French is absolutely great. :clap: Poor Frédéric, he has to fight a lot with unwilling customers :lol:

Two small things to edit only:

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the full description, which you can see in the MW, here: "Frederic, A Maitre d'Hotel, read by..."

> at 2:38: (p. 167) "that we find it impossible to serve the poussins" - you say "poisson", which is fish, "poussin" however is a young chicken

thanks

Sonia
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

I would be happy to read the stage directions if you'd like.

Marie :D
Marie Christian
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

ToddHW wrote: June 1st, 2022, 6:55 am Thank you!

Todd
:clap:
This will be my first time to do stage directions. Is every single thing in brackets read? Even the things in the middle of a line?
Marie Christian
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

For the stage directions, you need to read everything that is not read by the actors. So each time you see "closes door" or "drinks wine" or "exit left", you would need to read. Often it's written in italics or between brackets, but not always, so finding all the directions can be tricky business.

There is a special rule that concerns reading the characters' names. It's quite easy to remember:

1) if the stage direction appears at the beginning of the speech, you include the character's name.
Example:
John (sitting down on the couch): "I feel a headache coming on."
you would read everything I underlined now, including the name.

2) if the stage direction is in the middle or at the end of the speech, you do not repeat the name, because it's already clear who is speaking.
Example:
John: "I feel a headache coming on." (sits down on the couch) "I think I need a rest." (dozes off)
both times, no name included, only the underlined parts would be read.

Sometimes, a stage direction will follow the character text to which is applies - this happens often with "Aside"
John: "I can't believe she said that" (Aside)
That makes sense in a script, but not to a listener. You should read the word "Aside" before the text it refers to, and if necessary include the character name.
John (Aside): "I can't believe she said that"

If in doubt, record it.

Please leave at least 4-5 seconds between each chunk. So each time the narration is interrupted by a character speech, you leave ample space. It makes copy/pasting easier for our editor (me).

Also - record a voice credit for yourself: "Stage directions, read by XXXX" as part of the List of Characters (Dramatic Personae)

Thanks, Todd
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

ToddHW wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:11 am For the stage directions, you need to read everything that is not read by the actors. So each time you see "closes door" or "drinks wine" or "exit left", you would need to read. Often it's written in italics or between brackets, but not always, so finding all the directions can be tricky business.

There is a special rule that concerns reading the characters' names. It's quite easy to remember:

1) if the stage direction appears at the beginning of the speech, you include the character's name.
Example:
John (sitting down on the couch): "I feel a headache coming on."
you would read everything I underlined now, including the name.

2) if the stage direction is in the middle or at the end of the speech, you do not repeat the name, because it's already clear who is speaking.
Example:
John: "I feel a headache coming on." (sits down on the couch) "I think I need a rest." (dozes off)
both times, no name included, only the underlined parts would be read.

Sometimes, a stage direction will follow the character text to which is applies - this happens often with "Aside"
John: "I can't believe she said that" (Aside)
That makes sense in a script, but not to a listener. You should read the word "Aside" before the text it refers to, and if necessary include the character name.
John (Aside): "I can't believe she said that"

If in doubt, record it.

Please leave at least 4-5 seconds between each chunk. So each time the narration is interrupted by a character speech, you leave ample space. It makes copy/pasting easier for our editor (me).

Also - record a voice credit for yourself: "Stage directions, read by XXXX" as part of the List of Characters (Dramatic Personae)

Thanks, Todd
Got it! Thank you so much😁
Marie Christian
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Should I pronounce Ivor, I-vor or EE-vor?

Marie :D
Marie Christian