~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Is there anything else I can help on this to get it moving forward?
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

larryhayes7 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:40 am Is there anything else I can help on this to get it moving forward?
Narrator for vol 2 is currently beeing PL'ed, if you want to help out with that, though we do have a stricter PL'ing here, with pronounciation and text. If that's something you'd like to help with, that would help a lot. Otherwise right now it's waiting for files, and I'm waiting for some new equiptment to get my own recording going again.
Though it does look like two parts, one a narrator, will open up again soon.
Kristin

larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Kristingj wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:53 am
larryhayes7 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:40 am Is there anything else I can help on this to get it moving forward?
Narrator for vol 2 is currently beeing PL'ed, if you want to help out with that, though we do have a stricter PL'ing here, with pronounciation and text. If that's something you'd like to help with, that would help a lot. Otherwise right now it's waiting for files, and I'm waiting for some new equiptment to get my own recording going again.
Though it does look like two parts, one a narrator, will open up again soon.
I have never PL'ed before only recorded maybe a good time to try one if you can pick one that is not too difficult.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Kristen
Hope you are well. I am happy to help with PL ing or editing if you need anything please just let me know.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

I have never PL'ed before only recorded maybe a good time to try one if you can pick one that is not too difficult.
Hi Kristen
Hope you are well. I am happy to help with PL ing or editing if you need anything please just let me know.
Thank you, That would be great, both of you. Right now, narrator for vol 2 needs PL'ing. He's had few mistakes so far, so they should be pretty straight forward chapters to PL. My job's busy right now, so any help here is really apprechiated. Couple of notes for the PL:

- I do word perfect for the PL, but only if the mistake changes the meaning of the text. It happens here and there, so just keep an eye on the text while you PL.
- Pronounciation. I've been pretty strict about the pronounciation of names, so that's important to keep an eye at. 'Francs' is the word I've been most strict about, as the word completely changes if you keep the english pronounciation. In general, forvo is a good tool if you're unsure, but as long as they do an attemt and you can still hear what the word is, I haven't been too strict about it.

If you both could post when you start PL'ing, so we don't overlap anything and do double work, that would be great too.

Michele, there are several chapters ready for edit, so if you want to help out there, go right ahead. 9-20 are all ready , and when we get narrator for vol 2 PL'ed, a good chunk more will be ready.

Any help here, big or small, is really appreciated, thank you both<3 My own recording has been several delayed due to illness and RL issues, and now because part of my setup doesn't work anymore, but the last piece is arriving next week, and I'm looking forward to get started with it.
Kristin

wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will start with PL ing narrator chapters 40 to 47 for volume 2 if that's ok.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

wib66 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:05 am I will start with PL ing narrator chapters 40 to 47 for volume 2 if that's ok.
That's great, thanks:D
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Narrator for vol 4 (which can ble split in two), Lucien Debray and the tinu part of President has opened up.
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:27 am Narrator for vol 4 (which can ble split in two), Lucien Debray and the tinu part of President has opened up.
Kristin,

I know this is a pretty big bite, but I have been looking at the narration of this for months, and, even though I have Abbé Faria and one small part, "a letter", here already, I think that my voice as the Narrator would be different enough to get by. The 'letter' is in one of the Chapters (85) that this narration covers, but it is in kind of a heavy French accent, so I think it would work. What think ye?

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:52 pm
Kristingj wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:27 am Narrator for vol 4 (which can ble split in two), Lucien Debray and the tinu part of President has opened up.
Kristin,

I know this is a pretty big bite, but I have been looking at the narration of this for months, and, even though I have Abbé Faria and one small part, "a letter", here already, I think that my voice as the Narrator would be different enough to get by. The 'letter' is in one of the Chapters (85) that this narration covers, but it is in kind of a heavy French accent, so I think it would work. What think ye?

Wayne
Yeah, if you think you can differenciate enough, go right ahead:)
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

Here is my first attempt. I hope I did well enough with my attempts at the French names:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_74.flac

Time: 14:51

Wayne

P.S. As I noted when I did the Abbé, flac file names are a PAIN with my set up. :shock:
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:18 pm Hi,

Here is my first attempt. I hope I did well enough with my attempts at the French names:

Wayne

P.S. As I noted when I did the Abbé, flac file names are a PAIN with my set up. :shock:
Thanks! I'm travelling right now, but I'll listen to it when I get home:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kristingj wrote: May 30th, 2022, 1:19 am
Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:18 pm Hi,

Wayne

Thanks! I'm travelling right now, but I'll listen to it when I get home:)
Also, if flac is too much of a hassle, mp3 is fine.
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: May 30th, 2022, 1:20 am Also, if flac is too much of a hassle, mp3 is fine.
Thank you so much.

Here is Chapter 75:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_75.mp3

Time 10:01

I have one question. You mentioned in the first post that you wanted names as correctly pronounced as possible. As I was looking though 76 I came across the fact that I am going to say the name of the book, Monte Cristo. Since the island is Italian, do you want me to use the Italian pronunciation to keep everything the same, name wise?

Oh, I almost forgot. In the PLing, on page 2, the script says "He", and I am sure it should be "She" so I changed it. At about 2:20 in the recording.

Wayne
Wayne