COMPLETE[PLAY]Don Quixote in England by Fielding - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: the voter is a full dose of social criticism. Nicely played. And the drawer sounds like he got just dragged out of bed. Well played and both PL ok. Thank you, Sandra 8-)

Looking forward to the coachman. :mrgreen:

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:06 amand the coachman:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donquixoteinengland_coachman_2.mp3 (0:22)
:lol: he sounds like a Monty Python member. Well done Sandra, and thank you for helping out. 8-) PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wait a minute. Don Quixote meets Monty Python? Run away, run away!!!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ni!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 7:01 amHere's Scut (act 2), 1:59
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donquixoteinengland_scut_2.mp3
:clap: wow this was over-the-top great, Joanna. I couldn't stop smiling while humming along with your songs. And the ending "and a-drinking we will go" was hilarious. Excellently done and totally PL ok. Thanks !!

I don't think you needed to include the title and air, I think we will have the narrator announce those. But leave them in for now, Todd can later cut them as he needs them or not.

Sonia
panelbeaterva

Post by panelbeaterva »

Apologies for delays on my end, my intention is to get my part in within the next week

Best
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

panelbeaterva wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 6:27 am Apologies for delays on my end, my intention is to get my part in within the next week

Best
Thank you - extension granted.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

better late than never, thank you, Larry. And a great job you did with Fairlove, he has the right mixture or fierceness to fight for his love and softness when he actually talks with her.

However you missed quite a few lines, especially in the songs, I hope I caught them all :?

missed lines for Act 2:

> at about 1:01: (p. 31) "That fault's in the miser, and not in the mass / He knows not to use so precious a thing"

> at about 1:32: (p. 32)
- Another time, Sir, I am in a little haste at present.
- [aside] Harkye, John, I leave you with my rival, I need say no more. -- Dear Dorothea, ten thousand raptures are in the dear name."

missed lines for Act 3:

> at about 0:40: (p. 43 and 44)
- Unkind Dorothea !
- Would fortune, the truth to discover / Of him you suspect as a rover / Bid me to some princess a lover / No princess would Billy pursue.
- Whole ages my Dolly enjoying / Is a feast that could never be cloying / With thee while I'm kissing and toying / Kind Fortune can give me no more
- [both] With thee I'm so blessed beyond measure / I laugh at all offers of treasure / I laugh at all offers of pleasure / Thou art all my joy and my store

> at about 1:34: (p. 59) Thus the merchant, who with pleasure / Long adventured on the main / Hugging fast his darling treasure / Gaily smiles / On past toils / Well repaid for all his pain

> at about 1:55: (p. 63) All mankind are mad 'tis plain / Some for places / Some embraces / Some are mad to keep up gain / And others mad to spend it / Courtiers we may madmen rate / Poor believers / In deceivers / Some are mad to hurt the state / And others mad to mend it.

thanks

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 6th, 2022, 10:26 pmSorry, I guess I just wasn't tuned into those songs.
Here's the missed stuff:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/donquixoteinengland_fairlove_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/donquixoteinengland_fairlove_3.mp3
thanks, Larry, now PL ok. Only you uploaded to the wrong folder this time ;) but since these part files get deleted anyway, no need to reupload again. I'll change the link in the MW.

Sonia