(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

JHedrick wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:15 am DP and chapters one through five for narrator are PL Okay, but might need small changes depending on what the BC might want.

The disclaimers are inconsistent. I believe this can be attributed to the fact that the were not included in some of the early chapter scripts. I will leave it to Scott as to whether he wants them updated or if he choses to edit around them.

@TheBanjo - nice job on the reading :) My only suggestion is that you keep an eye on the amount of space between your lines. For DR, the standard is three to five seconds.
Thanks for that guidance re spacing, Jim. I wasn't aware of that (have not done this before), and will edit accordingly in future. Now that I think about it, I can see it would be a pain to proof listen to if the gaps are excessive. I hadn't thought through what the production process must be. Was somehow imagining (wrongly) it got spliced before proof-listening, but only a moment's thought shows that would be a pretty dumb process. Sorry I didn't twig earlier.

Happy to re-record any disclaimers. Just let me know what is needed.

Peter
Last edited by TheBanjo on May 18th, 2022, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Narrator chapters 6 — 10 PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Narrator chapters 11 & 12 PL Okay :thumbs:

Chapter 13: @5:33 I heard a throat being cleared
Jim in Ohio

TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

JHedrick wrote: May 18th, 2022, 12:36 pm Narrator chapters 11 & 12 PL Okay :thumbs:

Chapter 13: @5:33 I heard a throat being cleared
Thanks for catching that, Jim. I've removed the throat clearing (yuk, sorry) and cut a few longer pauses. Newly uploaded version of Narrator Chapter 13 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_13.mp3 (13:20)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have uploaded Narrator chapter 18: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_18.mp3 (10:05)
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

TheBanjo wrote: May 18th, 2022, 8:04 pm Thanks for catching that, Jim. I've removed the throat clearing (yuk, sorry) and cut a few longer pauses. Newly uploaded version of Narrator Chapter 13 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_13.mp3 (13:20)
That fixed it :) PL Okay now :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Much appreciated, Jim and Peter. 13-18 are loaded
Scott
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Narrator chapters 14 — 17 are PL Okay :thumbs:

On chapter 18, about half-way through the birds in the background start to get enthused by your reading. I only heard this during the spaces between lines until the very last phrase around 9:54 where they can be plainly heard over "and called for gin." :bird: :bird:
Jim in Ohio

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Peter - regarding ch. 18, don't worry about bird sounds in the pauses between lines. I can clip those easily during editing. :)

Note regarding editing:

I've got things queued. Be patient with me - my MdDS difficulties limit my editing capabilities to 15 minutes a few times a day, so I'm chipping away at my queue slowly but surely. I'll be alternating this project's chapters with two others for about 5 chapters. Just to keep you updated. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

JHedrick wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:38 am
On chapter 18, about half-way through the birds in the background start to get enthused by your reading. I only heard this during the spaces between lines until the very last phrase around 9:54 where they can be plainly heard over "and called for gin." :bird: :bird:
Thanks Jim. I've re-recorded the last speech. Here is the updated version: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_18.mp3 (length is still the same, at 10:05)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

LCaulkins wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:45 am Peter - regarding ch. 18, don't worry about bird sounds in the pauses between lines. I can clip those easily during editing. :)

Note regarding editing:

I've got things queued. Be patient with me - my MdDS difficulties limit my editing capabilities to 15 minutes a few times a day, so I'm chipping away at my queue slowly but surely. I'll be alternating this project's chapters with two others for about 5 chapters. Just to keep you updated. :)
Thank you, Lynette. To be honest, I'd never heard of MdDS before noting your reference to this condition in your forum signature and then Googling. It sounds very debilitating and challenging indeed, and I can only commend you, most heartily, for plugging on with work of this kind, even if you can only manage to do so in small grabs. That's impressive!
Peter
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

TheBanjo wrote: May 19th, 2022, 4:28 pm
Thanks Jim. I've re-recorded the last speech. Here is the updated version: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_18.mp3 (length is still the same, at 10:05)
Bonzer :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Birds have (mostly) left me alone today, thank goodness.

I have uploaded Chapter 19 for the Narrator: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_19.mp3 (15:25)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »