(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Narrator 32
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_narrator_32.mp3 (9:00)
with no Noise Reduction and very limited Clip Fix.
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Thank you. This is loaded for Lynette to edit the chapter.
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Just got back from travels - first priority is catching up PL work, then I'll be hitting my editing queue - the Follies of Day; Or, Figaro's Marriage play has 3.5 acts remaining, then I'll scoop up ch. 32 over here. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Sara has had to step back from LibriVox. Lynette showed me how to advertise for a new proof-listener. Since this is a slow burn project, I put the ad up for a DPL rather than just whoever wants to pick up a single section. (so we don't have to "re-train" every person who happens along that they need to watch the source for line assembly instead of just listening for pauses/background noise)
Scott
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

SCaulkins wrote: January 11th, 2022, 6:39 am Sara has had to step back from LibriVox. Lynette showed me how to advertise for a new proof-listener. Since this is a slow burn project, I put the ad up for a DPL rather than just whoever wants to pick up a single section. (so we don't have to "re-train" every person who happens along that they need to watch the source for line assembly instead of just listening for pauses/background noise)
Hi Scott,

I have been PL for the finals on one other DR and am willing to jump in on this. I only see four sections waiting right now, correct?
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Jim! :) Scott's at work, but I know he'd love it if you want to DPL over here. Yes, only the 4 sections right now. One more coming up in the next couple of days.

We're doing this one a little strangely - going backward in case the original narrator returns and wants to continue from where she'd left.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've given you MW access, Jim. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

JHedrick wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:26 am
SCaulkins wrote: January 11th, 2022, 6:39 am Sara has had to step back from LibriVox. Lynette showed me how to advertise for a new proof-listener. Since this is a slow burn project, I put the ad up for a DPL rather than just whoever wants to pick up a single section. (so we don't have to "re-train" every person who happens along that they need to watch the source for line assembly instead of just listening for pauses/background noise)
Hi Scott,

I have been PL for the finals on one other DR and am willing to jump in on this. I only see four sections waiting right now, correct?
Appreciate it, Jim!
Scott
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Chapters 2, 33, 34, and 35 final are all PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Ah! Rapid catch-up! Appreciate it, Jim.
Scott
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Is this project still active?

Thanks!

Greg
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, Greg - chapter 32 is halfway through the editing process. I'm not sure about the status of our narrator.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 32 is finished, Scott :) Final time is 10:50.

(I put an index card in the little drawer that has the MW steps for this project's chapters on it)

This chapter can be final-proofed as it is. If it's cataloged without the tweak mentioned below, that's OK. If the reader does see the note I've sent him before we catalog, I can do the edit and have it spot-PL'd.

Please addend this note after chapter 32's time in the Notebox: <small><i>If note to reader is answered before cataloging, stack Chinston's "Discovered!" @ 4:13.5</i></small>

(he is supposed to be saying this simultaneously with Kilsip, but was not cued on the script to do so, so we only have Kilsip saying it)
~Lynette * -
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

LCaulkins wrote: January 27th, 2022, 4:06 pm Yes, Greg - chapter 32 is halfway through the editing process. I'm not sure about the status of our narrator.
Hi Lynette,

Cindy told me that she has a couple of chapters that she needs to edit, but she just hasn't gotten around to it. I'm not sure when she will, but she's still around.

Cheers, Therese.
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I'm happy to help out with Valpy.