COMPLETE Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Medora! Piglet is PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

We sure appreciate your help with this book :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

I'm a little confused by the parts of this reading. Are there any parts left that are dramatic? I would be interested if there are openings.
Some people think holding on is tough; sometimes it's letting go.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nammy wrote: January 26th, 2022, 2:04 pm I'm a little confused by the parts of this reading. Are there any parts left that are dramatic? I would be interested if there are openings.
Hi, Nammy - welcome to LibriVox!

There are no parts left in this dramatic reading project.

When you are looking at the Readers Wanted Dramatc Works board, you can see by the topic line whether or not there are roles available. "FULL" means all roles are assigned, but the readers are still recording their parts. "OPEN" means the project has roles waiting to be claimed. "EDITING" means all the parts are recorded and editing is all that's left to finish the project.

I'm sorry this one doesn't have anything open. You might like helping out with Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Story, where there are a lot of roles still open for various ages. (That project is almost completely "gender neutral," meaning it doesn't matter whether the reader and character genders match or not.)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

marissasiobhan wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:18 pm Christopher Robin ch. 1 done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/poohdr_christopherrobin_01.mp3
marissasiobhan wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:31 pm Submitting Pooh ch. 1 for schumi0221

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/poohdr_pooh_01.mp3
Christopher Robin and Pook are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

and I've got ch. 1 on my editing queue :)
~Lynette * -
caulkinsh

Post by caulkinsh »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

caulkinsh wrote: January 30th, 2022, 5:36 pm Here's the first chapter for Owl :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/poohdr_owl_04_128kb.mp3 (02:08)
Owl 4 is PL OK :thumbs:

haha! I loved the "Who?"
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Narrator is done for ch. 2
~Lynette * -
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Could I read section 48 Chapter 4 and thinking that I would just be reading the part for "Owl"?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

larryhayes7 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 5:27 pm Could I read section 48 Chapter 4 and thinking that I would just be reading the part for "Owl"?
Hello, Larry - how are you doing?

I am very sorry, but all the normal characters are already claimed. The section you were looking at is only the editor's section for the final chapter when all the roles get spliced together.

(Marissa, I added "editor's section - do not claim" to each of the final-chapter lines so folks know they're not for claiming)

However, Larry - I saw that there were two bit parts that never got added to the MW. Would you like to do the line for "587th Heffalump" in chapter 5? I've added a section for him, and we can assign it to you if you'd like.

---Side note: I'm not sure if you're familiar with the conventions in the Dramatic Works "area" of LibriVox yet? If you look at the project titles on the Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works board, and they say [OPEN], there are roles for people to claim. If they say [FULL] in the title, there are no roles left, and the BC is just waiting for people to finish recording their characters. And each dramatic read or play will have sections that are not for recording, but are for assembling the final chapters (and so readers don't claim them).

We'd love to have you do Heffalump for us!
~Lynette * -
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

LCaulkins wrote: February 4th, 2022, 5:44 pm
larryhayes7 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 5:27 pm Could I read section 48 Chapter 4 and thinking that I would just be reading the part for "Owl"?
Hello, Larry - how are you doing?

I am very sorry, but all the normal characters are already claimed. The section you were looking at is only the editor's section for the final chapter when all the roles get spliced together.

(Marissa, I added "editor's section - do not claim" to each of the final-chapter lines so folks know they're not for claiming)

However, Larry - I saw that there were two bit parts that never got added to the MW. Would you like to do the line for "587th Heffalump" in chapter 5? I've added a section for him, and we can assign it to you if you'd like.

---Side note: I'm not sure if you're familiar with the conventions in the Dramatic Works "area" of LibriVox yet? If you look at the project titles on the Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works board, and they say [OPEN], there are roles for people to claim. If they say [FULL] in the title, there are no roles left, and the BC is just waiting for people to finish recording their characters. And each dramatic read or play will have sections that are not for recording, but are for assembling the final chapters (and so readers don't claim them).

We'd love to have you do Heffalump for us!
Sure if that is all I can get, I will take both. Yes I have had dramatic roles before and I totally overlooked that part that said do not claim. But it looked like there was a chapter 4 piece for Owl and I saw several chapters that were claimed but did not see Chap 4 in that list. I had worked up a really good voice for Owl and lover doing children's books.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

larryhayes7 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 6:12 pm
Sure if that is all I can get, I will take both. Yes I have had dramatic roles before and I totally overlooked that part that said do not claim. But it looked like there was a chapter 4 piece for Owl and I saw several chapters that were claimed but did not see Chap 4 in that list. I had worked up a really good voice for Owl and lover doing children's books.
Super :) I'll get those assigned for you so nobody asks for them.

Yeah, Owl ch. 4 has already been recorded, so that file is tucked down in the editor's part of the MW already.

Hey - if you love helping with children's books, we'd love to have you do a part over in Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Story. Doubling parts is fine over there, as long as they're in different chapters - anything between sections 12 and 50. That MW is rather complex. :lol:
~Lynette * -
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

LCaulkins wrote: February 4th, 2022, 6:52 pm
larryhayes7 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 6:12 pm
Super :) I'll get those assigned for you so nobody asks for them.

Yeah, Owl ch. 4 has already been recorded, so that file is tucked down in the editor's part of the MW already.

Hey - if you love helping with children's books, we'd love to have you do a part over in Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Story. Doubling parts is fine over there, as long as they're in different chapters - anything between sections 12 and 50. That MW is rather complex. :lol:
I responded to 3 parts on the one you suggested :)