[OPEN] Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, trans. by Brian Hooker-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

jennlea wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:28 pm Hi Mike!

Can I claim the following in Act 1:
  • Boy
  • A Musketeer
I think those two are in different sections of Act 1 according to your list, but let me know if those choice don’t work.
Those will work fine! Thanks for all your help!

Mike
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Here is First Marquis, Act 1. I added crowd type lines after the role lines, to be used at your discretion.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_firstmarquis_1.mp3
Scott
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

SCaulkins wrote: December 4th, 2021, 2:17 pm Here is First Marquis, Act 1. I added crowd type lines after the role lines, to be used at your discretion.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_firstmarquis_1.mp3
Thanks!

Mike
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Scott,
PL Okay for 1st Marquis/other voices.

Thank you,
Lora
KDonProduction

Post by KDonProduction »

Hello! May I claim Ligniere Act 1 and Musketeer Act 2?
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

KDonProduction wrote: December 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm Hello! May I claim Ligniere Act 1 and Musketeer Act 2?
Yes, thank you!

Mike
m00se

Post by m00se »

I would love to claim Woman in act one. New to this, can claim more if workload allows.

I can provide voices for: women, young male, character/exaggerated voices.

Thank you.

moose
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

m00se wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:48 pm I would love to claim Woman in act one. New to this, can claim more if workload allows.

I can provide voices for: women, young male, character/exaggerated voices.

Thank you.

moose
Happy to have you read for us! Since you haven't recorded for LibriVox before, there is one thing you need to do first. Before you read for any projects, can you first submit the "1-Minute Test" (to the "Listeners Wanted" forum) to make sure technical settings are correct, etc. The directions are here http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Then I'll be happy to have you be part of the project!

Thanks for your interest!

Mike
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Trish and Mike,
These sound good to me! Hope you both enjoy the holidays.

Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Thanks, Trish! Thanks, Lora! Happy holidays to you both!

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

A quick year-end progress report on Cyrano de Bergerac. Acts 3 and 5 are done and edited, but we still need quite a few volunteers to take the remaining parts in Acts 1, 2, and 4. Most roles are only a few lines each, but I hope to have a nice variety of voices for these three busy acts. Please, if you haven't yet contributed for this project, it will only take a few minutes of your time to lend your voice to one or more of this multitude of characters.

All roles are gender-neutral, and you can sign up for one role in each act. As I stated a few months ago, we have a special rule concerning Act 1, because of its length. For the purposes of claiming parts only, Act 1 is now divided into three subsections. Act 1a is pages 1-25 (to Cyrano's entrance), Act 1b is pages 26-45 (to the end of the Duel in Verse), and Act 1c is 46-61 (to the end of the act). You may now sign up for more than one part in Act 1 as long as you don't claim more than one part per subsection. In other words, you could claim a role that appears only in 1a, another role that appears only in 1b, and a third role if it only appears in 1c.

Some really marvelous performances have already been recorded for this project, and I am hoping to bring this to completion sometime in 2022. Thank you to all for your involvement in this project, and I hope you are looking forward as eagerly as I am to hearing the completed five acts of Cyrano de Bergerac.

Mike
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Mike,
The final PL for Act 3 is done-all is okay. It sounds excellent! I am sure that you'll be able to finish the project before long. The performances are really good and make listening a pleasure.

Thanks,
Lora