Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I appreciate your wisdom, Anne. The DPLing won't be so much of an issue for me, and I definitely will be listening to the admins for taking it slower for sure. Definitely going to be wiser about it this round.

Scripting will take me a little bit anyway, for Eight Cousins, so like you said it'll help me get into the rhythm again, and then get a team together.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

ej400 wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:50 pm I appreciate your wisdom, Anne. The DPLing won't be so much of an issue for me, and I definitely will be listening to the admins for taking it slower for sure. Definitely going to be wiser about it this round.

Scripting will take me a little bit anyway, for Eight Cousins, so like you said it'll help me get into the rhythm again, and then get a team together.
Thank you, Elijah! :clap:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave - 2 chapters left
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

I am launching a DR of Pollyanna Grows Up, the sequel to Pollyanna (https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6100). As might expected based on the first book, it's really a cute story. Summary I've written:
Pollyanna visits Boston for the summer and stays with the grumpy, miserable, yet very wealthy Ruth Carew. Lonely in a big city away from her old companions and forbidden from talking to strangers, Pollyanna begins to despair of ever making new friends. Through her teenage years and into adulthood, will Pollyanna and her glad game be able to make a difference in the light of Ruth's persistent grumpiness, disabilities, crippling poverty, and a major personal loss?
There is a good amount of dialogue, and over half the parts are female. I would PL parts and edit, but would really like to have someone to commit to narrating before I launch. If anyone is interested, please let me know!

Edit: strike "thinking about" launching to be more clear
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

I'm back on suggesting DRs!
This would be a big, but really good one.
The Man Who was Thursday, by G.K. Chesterton https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1695
We would need a super dedicated narrator and editor though....
Mozartjr
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mozartjr wrote: January 4th, 2022, 8:45 am I'm back on suggesting DRs!
The Man Who was Thursday, by G.K. Chesterton https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1695
Mozartjr
I'd be interested in narrating, if you are going to BC this? We need some more full-cast readings of mysteries/suspense in the catalog. :) I am at my DR limit of two active projects, and won't have an opening for several months.

Depending on when this project's chapters start filling up with all their files, I could help with editing.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

LCaulkins wrote: January 4th, 2022, 9:00 am
Mozartjr wrote: January 4th, 2022, 8:45 am I'm back on suggesting DRs!...
I'd be interested in narrating, if you are going to BC this? We need some more full-cast readings of mysteries/suspense in the catalog. :) I am at my DR limit of two active projects, and won't have an opening for several months.

Depending on when this project's chapters start filling up with all their files, I could help with editing.
You know what, I'll do it. I'll help with the editing, especially since it will probably be awhile before we get to that point, but if you could help, that would be great :) and Narrator too :shock:
I'll just take a fun role, and BC. Scripts will take some time, so it will probably be a few weeks before I can get to launching it.
Thanks for the help :clap: :clap:
Mozartjr
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

“Pollyanna Grows Up” and “The Man Who Was Thursday” - There are some exciting new DRs coming to LibriVox! :D
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

It might be a big task, but I'd be interested in seeing a few of George MacDonald's works as DRs. Not only would it be long in that the scripting would take time, but it also may be difficult for people to read the Scottish lingo. Anyhow, I just thought I'd suggest it, in case anyone wants to take it up. I probably won't as I still feel like a new-ish member. :D
If you're looking for specific suggestions, Alec Forbes of Howglen is a good book. https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/18810/pg18810.html
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

ElizaZ wrote: December 28th, 2021, 7:15 pm I am launching a DR of Pollyanna Grows Up, the sequel to Pollyanna (https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6100). As might expected based on the first book, it's really a cute story. Summary I've written:
Pollyanna visits Boston for the summer and stays with the grumpy, miserable, yet very wealthy Ruth Carew. Lonely in a big city away from her old companions and forbidden from talking to strangers, Pollyanna begins to despair of ever making new friends. Through her teenage years and into adulthood, will Pollyanna and her glad game be able to make a difference in the light of Ruth's persistent grumpiness, disabilities, crippling poverty, and a major personal loss?
There is a good amount of dialogue, and over half the parts are female. I would PL parts and edit, but would really like to have someone to commit to narrating before I launch. If anyone is interested, please let me know!

I'd like to narrate this.
Krista
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

kristakz wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 6:06 pm
ElizaZ wrote: December 28th, 2021, 7:15 pm I am launching a DR of Pollyanna Grows Up, the sequel to Pollyanna (https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6100). As might expected based on the first book, it's really a cute story. Summary I've written:

I'd like to narrate this.
Let me PM you...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mozartjr wrote: January 4th, 2022, 8:45 am I'm back on suggesting DRs!
Mozartjr
I'll be happy to MC this for you when the time comes.
benderca

Post by benderca »

So these are the projects I have scripted and ready to go:

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
The Blue Castle by Lucy Maude Montgomery
The School at the Chalet by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
Heidis Lehr- und Wanderjahre von Johanna Spyri

I am currently editing The Great Gatsby, but would like to start one of these projects in the near future.
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

It would be so fun to be involved in a L.M. Montgomery project!
benderca

Post by benderca »

bethyhope96 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 2:38 pm It would be so fun to be involved in a L.M. Montgomery project!
We’ve just launched The Golden Road by L.M. Montgomery. Come claim a part:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91186
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

benderca wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 3:37 pm So these are the projects I have scripted and ready to go:

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
The Blue Castle by Lucy Maude Montgomery
The School at the Chalet by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
Heidis Lehr- und Wanderjahre von Johanna Spyri

I am currently editing The Great Gatsby, but would like to start one of these projects in the near future.
Wow! That’s quite the list, TJ! I have been excited about the DRs launching lately, and now I am excited about the ones that are pending launch! :)
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms