Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Well, I would be willing to narrate for it, and do some of the editing... I don't think I would be able to do all of due to time difficulties, though.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

If someone would be interested taking on Eight Cousins or the sequel, Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott, I think that would make a really nice DR project. I would be more than happy to be the Editor or DPL. :9:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

DariaAM wrote: September 4th, 2021, 3:58 am If someone would be interested taking on Eight Cousins or the sequel, Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott, I think that would make a really nice DR project. I would be more than happy to be the Editor or DPL. :9:
That would be a good one as a DR...
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

DariaAM wrote: September 4th, 2021, 3:58 am If someone would be interested taking on Eight Cousins or the sequel, Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott, I think that would make a really nice DR project. I would be more than happy to be the Editor or DPL. :9:
I fully support this suggestion! Preferably the original book before the sequel.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

LCaulkins wrote: August 30th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Mozartjr wrote: August 30th, 2021, 2:03 pm We should do a Dramatic Reading of The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame! I think that would be a fun one. I'm surprised no one has done that yet :)
Here's a link to the Project Gutenberg page for it: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/289
I would *love* to script and BC this if somebody who understands the commitment is interested in the narrator position, and somebody in the editor position.
OK, I will definitely BC The Wind in the Willows - DR. I've pulled the chapters and will get the scripting prepped over the next three weeks or so. When that's squared away, I'll post the project in the Launchpad. My Bat project will be almost wrapped up by then, so perfect timing in terms of my DR-BC attention.

I actually decided I would really like to narrate this - we have our first grandchild arriving in a month, and this would be an awesome DR book to have for him with my voice included. I may or may not need editing help, depending on the timing of everyone's role files getting submitted.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
benderca

Post by benderca »

LCaulkins wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:58 am
OK, I will definitely BC The Wind in the Willows - DR. I've pulled the chapters and will get the scripting prepped over the next three weeks or so. When that's squared away, I'll post the project in the Launchpad. My Bat project will be almost wrapped up by then, so perfect timing in terms of my DR-BC attention.

I actually decided I would really like to narrate this - we have our first grandchild arriving in a month, and this would be an awesome DR book to have for him with my voice included. I may or may not need editing help, depending on the timing of everyone's role files getting submitted.
Jasmin and I would be happy to reprise our roles as Hedgehog and Rat from the Dramatic Reading Scene and Story Collection. We were playing with the idea of doing the whole book back then, but I got bogged down with other projects. :D

https://librivox.org/dramatic-reading-scene-and-story-collection-volume-002-by-various/
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

cool!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad to see you back for at least a post; maybe next comes a saddle over the top fence rail. Don't you go anna saddle up one of those there animals and try to ride 'em 'til you're back all tippity top, ya' hear?

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: September 9th, 2021, 3:42 am Hope to be back in the saddle soon in the coming months, but in the meantime, I though I might post my up-and-coming projects material list here. Anybody who wants to kick off one of these DR texts as their own projects in the interregnum, please by all means feel free.
Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris
There is some good stuff here. I have been going through earmarking my preferred roles :D

Gud to see y' back, Cobber! :thumbs: (do people still call each other Cobber?)
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:43 pm
SonOfTheExiles wrote: September 9th, 2021, 3:42 am Hope to be back in the saddle soon in the coming months, but in the meantime, I though I might post my up-and-coming projects material list here. Anybody who wants to kick off one of these DR texts as their own projects in the interregnum, please by all means feel free.
Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris
There is some good stuff here. I have been going through earmarking my preferred roles :D

Gud to see y' back, Cobber! :thumbs: (do people still call each other Cobber?)
They can if you use it enough! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

benderca wrote: September 8th, 2021, 4:32 pm
LCaulkins wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:58 am

Jasmin and I would be happy to reprise our roles as Hedgehog and Rat from the Dramatic Reading Scene and Story Collection. We were playing with the idea of doing the whole book back then, but I got bogged down with other projects. :D

https://librivox.org/dramatic-reading-scene-and-story-collection-volume-002-by-various/
There has been so much interest in this project, that I have prepared the scripts and entered a post in the Launchpad for (DR) The Wind in the Willows

We have a narrator and editor. Editor will PL role files as they are submitted. We'll procure a DPL when a few chapters have been assembled.

We also already have requests for The Mole, Mr. Toad, Water Rat, Otter, Mr. Badger, and The Girl.

There are several minor and many bit roles still available.
~Lynette * -
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I'm thinking about doing Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott if anyone is interested. I'll be working on scripts though, so there's plenty of time beforehand.

Thanks,
Elijah
ej400

Post by ej400 »

ej400 wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:18 pm I'm thinking about doing Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott if anyone is interested. I'll be working on scripts though, so there's plenty of time beforehand.

Thanks,
Elijah
Actually yes, I think I'll change my mind about Kenilworth. I'd be plenty happy to do Eight Cousins 😉
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Elijah
I'm glad you reconsidered Kenilworth - it's about 23 hours of recording based on the solo version which is really long and needs a long-term commitment.
It's great to have you back - but do take things slowly at first while you get back into a rhythm.
You have 2 solos open , the one I am MCing you've read 7 out of 79 chapters and in the last few days you've taken on DPLing a 51 section and 29 section DPL
So you really need to do something with them before taking on too much else,
Please do - you have been such a valuable member and I don't want to see you overwhelmed.

Anne