COMPLETE [DR] The Wind in the Willows-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

Hi, I would like to claim Swallow #1
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

kianeg wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 6:55 pm Hi, I would like to claim Swallow #1
Super! Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Vonna

Post by Vonna »

This is such a fun project! May I have the role of Barge-Woman - Ch. 10?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Vonna wrote: September 24th, 2021, 6:31 am This is such a fun project! May I have the role of Barge-Woman - Ch. 10?
Absolutely! Welcome to "the gang"!

And welcome to LibriVox :) If this is your first participation in a dramatic reading, there are a few differences from "normal" recordings. On role recordings, you don't need to make intro or outro statements. You simply start reading at your first character line for the chapter you're working on. On the recording for the first chapter, you do start with "Barge-Woman, read by Vonna," for the editor to use on the voice credits track. You won't need to do that on any subsequent recordings, nor do you need to announce which chapter/act you're recording for. Just make sure you name the file the way the initial post asks for role files. :)

When you are reading your character's lines, please leave 3 good seconds between each line, so the editor can see where to cut them out as the master files are spliced.

Aim for 89-90 decibels, and be gentle with any Noise Reduction - the editor will need room to play with volume and pacing without getting funky-sounding artifacts creeping into your voice, and if further noise reduction is needed, the editor can take care of that. :)

Have fun! Glad to have you with us.

Oh!! P.S. Make sure you use the number of the chapter/act in the file name, NOT a section number. A huge difference between DR projects and "normal" ones is that the sections move around frequently in the Magic Window, so those section numbers are not stable at all.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Vonna

Post by Vonna »

Thank you, and thanks for the tips!
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Scott
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack »

I would like to claim the open part of Stoat in chapters 11 and 12 if I may?
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SCaulkins wrote: September 26th, 2021, 11:55 am Badger chapter 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_badger_06_128kb.mp3 (6:09)
Thanks! Badger 6 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SoundsLikeJack wrote: September 27th, 2021, 2:38 pm I would like to claim the open part of Stoat in chapters 11 and 12 if I may?
Yes! Thank you very much :)

(Copied for you from tips to Vonna)

If this is your first participation in a dramatic reading, there are a few differences from "normal" recordings. On role recordings, you don't need to make intro or outro statements. You simply start reading at your first character line for the chapter you're working on. On the recording for the first chapter, you do start with "Barge-Woman, read by Vonna," for the editor to use on the voice credits track. You won't need to do that on any subsequent recordings, nor do you need to announce which chapter/act you're recording for. Just make sure you name the file the way the initial post asks for role files. :)

When you are reading your character's lines, please leave 3 good seconds between each line, so the editor can see where to cut them out as the master files are spliced.

Aim for 89-90 decibels, and be gentle with any Noise Reduction - the editor will need room to play with volume and pacing without getting funky-sounding artifacts creeping into your voice, and if further noise reduction is needed, the editor can take care of that. :)

Oh!! P.S. Make sure you use the number of the chapter/act in the file name, NOT a section number. A huge difference between DR projects and "normal" ones is that the sections move around frequently in the Magic Window, so those section numbers are not stable at all.
~Lynette * -
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack »

Awesome :)
I notice a bunch of open tiny roles, it seems like the policy is one role per voice but I'd happily do the motor car if it wouldn't be an issue. I promise my motor car will sound very different to my Stoat!
LCaulkins wrote: September 27th, 2021, 2:47 pm
SoundsLikeJack wrote: September 27th, 2021, 2:38 pm I would like to claim the open part of Stoat in chapters 11 and 12 if I may?
Yes! Thank you very much :)

(Copied for you from tips to Vonna)

If this is your first participation in a dramatic reading, there are a few differences from "normal" recordings. On role recordings, you don't need to make intro or outro statements. You simply start reading at your first character line for the chapter you're working on. On the recording for the first chapter, you do start with "Barge-Woman, read by Vonna," for the editor to use on the voice credits track. You won't need to do that on any subsequent recordings, nor do you need to announce which chapter/act you're recording for. Just make sure you name the file the way the initial post asks for role files. :)

“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Andrea42 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 4:36 pm May I be Fieldnmouse 1 please?
I see there's a song involved. :mrgreen:
Who is the BC?
Okay! For all its rawness, here is the tune for the Carol that the Fieldmice sing in chapter 5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_carolforfieldmice_05_128kb.mp3 (1:31)

I'm going to link it in the appropriate spot(s) in the MW. :)
~Lynette * -
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

May I claim Rabbit 2?
:thumbs: Mira
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Miruvor88 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 1:38 pm May I claim Rabbit 2?
Absolutely
~Lynette * -
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read Detective 1?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Amysharpe1978

Post by Amysharpe1978 »

My daughter, 10 years old, and my son, 8 years old,are interested in field mice roles. If there are any available.
Thanks!
Amy sharpe