COMPLETE[PLAY]The Devil's Disciple by Shaw - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Different characters on different tracks. Making sure you turn on/off Synchronize Tracks" as appropriate. Quite fun actually.

I have some vgs from a zoom a while back - PM me with an email and I can send them to you, or you might be able to find them in the Librivox Zoom folder from a year ago. (If I could find them, I'd put a link here....)

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

jennlea wrote: September 11th, 2021, 7:18 pm
Thank you for your kind words! I can't wait to PL the assembled acts (I did volunteer to PL this when finished right?). And my current play is also going to have multiple people talking at once so I gotta figure that out soon too!
Yes, you did volunteer to PL this when finished--thank you! I'll message you when I've got the acts edited together.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2021, 7:28 pm Different characters on different tracks. Making sure you turn on/off Synchronize Tracks" as appropriate. Quite fun actually.

I have some vgs from a zoom a while back - PM me with an email and I can send them to you, or you might be able to find them in the Librivox Zoom folder from a year ago. (If I could find them, I'd put a link here....)

Thanks, Todd
Thank you very much! I PMd my email.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Slides sent.

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:21 am Slides sent.

Thanks, Todd
Slides received. Thank you very much!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yikes!
You need the stage directions.
Act I recorded so I'll edit and submit and put the rest on the top of my list.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

silverquill wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:37 pm Yikes!
You need the stage directions.
Act I recorded so I'll edit and submit and put the rest on the top of my list.
Thank you for taking time to do this! Don't worry about the timing--you're well within your extended claim date, and you have by far the longest part to read. I'll look forward to hearing your recordings whenever they're ready.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are the stage directions for Act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_stage_1.mp3 37:07

In doing my second edit, I found more missing lines and corrections than I had anticipated.
Life got complicated again, but I think I have a clean recording for you.

I'll get the second edits for Acts 2 and 3 done in the next few days.

Oh-no! Just lost the internet here. :shock:
I'll send this through as soon as I can.
~ Larry
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

silverquill wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 9:54 pm Here are the stage directions for Act 1

In doing my second edit, I found more missing lines and corrections than I had anticipated.

Thank you very much for reading these very long directions so clearly and expressively! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just three small things that might be better changed:

6:52 "Elsie (almost in tears)" –should be “Essie”

8:10 “Christy, (sulkily, coming back to the fire and warming herself again)"—should be “himself”

35:30 or so “Uncle Titus snarls at him in rags and terror”—that is exactly as written, but I think this this must be a mis-scan for ‘rage,” as Uncle Titus is said to be prosperous-looking

Sorry for the slow response. I've been having some computer issues and can't always get into Librivox (and can't download LV files at all), :cry: but a new refurbished computer should be here in a couple of days and I'll try to be more prompt.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Also, I was logged out of LV in the course of trying unsuccesfully to fix my computer issue. I've been autofilling my LV password so long I'd forgotten it :oops: and now I've reset the regular password in my profile, but I can't seem to reset my BC Admin password (or get it to accept my new LV password). Larry, I'll put your file into the MW as soon as I'm able to access that again. Todd, can you tell me what I should do about the BC Admin password? Sorry.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Your BC password is NOT the same as your usual LV forum password; nor your new LV password. You should be able to click on a "Forgot Password" button when you try to get to the MW. (Obviously I can't try this since I too have mine auto-fill.)

That may take a day to get you a new password message sent to you....

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:21 pm Your BC password is NOT the same as your usual LV forum password; nor your new LV password. You should be able to click on a "Forgot Password" button when you try to get to the MW. (Obviously I can't try this since I too have mine auto-fill.)

That may take a day to get you a new password message sent to you....

Thanks, Todd
Thanks! Yesterday I got an error message when I tried that; today it worked.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

JoannaHoyt wrote: October 4th, 2021, 4:07 pm
silverquill wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 9:54 pm Here are the stage directions for Act 1

Thank you very much for reading these very long directions so clearly and expressively! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just three small things that might be better changed:

6:52 "Elsie (almost in tears)" –should be “Essie”

8:10 “Christy, (sulkily, coming back to the fire and warming herself again)"—should be “himself”

35:30 or so “Uncle Titus snarls at him in rags and terror”—that is exactly as written, but I think this this must be a mis-scan for ‘rage,” as Uncle Titus is said to be prosperous-looking

Sorry for the slow response. I've been having some computer issues and can't always get into Librivox (and can't download LV files at all), :cry: but a new refurbished computer should be here in a couple of days and I'll try to be more prompt.
Sorry, Larry--disregard these PL notes; these were all things I was able to fix as I edited Act 1 together. Act 1 stage directions are PL OK, Act 1 is mostly edited, and I'll look forward to hearing the other stage directions. Thanks again for taking on this rather massive reading role.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

jennlea wrote: September 11th, 2021, 7:18 pm I can't wait to PL the assembled acts (I did volunteer to PL this when finished right?). And my current play is also going to have multiple people talking at once so I gotta figure that out soon too!
Act 1 (which includes the Dramatis Personae list) is now ready for proof-listening (no hurry--stage directions still aren't in for Acts 2 and 3, and when they do come in I doubt I'll get to editing them before next weekend). Thank you again for your beautifully self-conscious Judith. :9: It's fun listening to this all coming together...

Act 1, 56:12

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_1_shaw_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I'm sorry for not getting those little corrections right in for you.

I've done the final edit on Acts II and III, so you will have them whenever you're ready.
There were a couple of odd places where there were remarks in parentheses that I wasn't sure about being stage directions, but they are there and you can cut anything that doesn't belong or that you don't need.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_stage_2.mp3 32:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_stage_3.mp3 35:28
~ Larry