COMPLETE [DR] Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

Twinkle88 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:18 pm Roseanne, after listening to a file, just post the results (See PL notes, PL OK, etc.) in this thread, and then I will be along shortly to update the Magic Window. It’s kind of confusing how it’s set up, so I would rather do the MW tweaking myself. :P :wink:
I'm DPL for another project and the MW doesn't confuse me, but if you would rather do it, that's fine. I'll just post in the thread!~
Roseanne Schmidt AKA rschmfem @ ╞ myLVZazl-TsTwitter ╪ BookRvws 1,2 ╪ ♣blog♣ ╪ dA
♫ As of July 11,2021, ... Apologies for hiatus'ing from LV since 3/2015 forgive me, again... :mrgreen: :oops: :shock:
rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

Twinkle88 wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:11 pm Great! Thank you!
Twinkle,
Would it be okay if the role of Henry's PL edits are recorded in a small separate file?
Roseanne Schmidt AKA rschmfem @ ╞ myLVZazl-TsTwitter ╪ BookRvws 1,2 ╪ ♣blog♣ ╪ dA
♫ As of July 11,2021, ... Apologies for hiatus'ing from LV since 3/2015 forgive me, again... :mrgreen: :oops: :shock:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

jakemalizia wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:35 am Here is Young Man from Chapter 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_youngman_10.mp3, 0m48s
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

rschmfem wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:07 am I'm DPL for another project and the MW doesn't confuse me, but if you would rather do it, that's fine. I'll just post in the thread!~
Thanks! :wink:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

rschmfem wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:33 am Twinkle,
Would it be okay if the role of Henry's PL edits are recorded in a small separate file?
No, they really should be all in the same file. What I mean is, the Chapter 6 file needs to be edited to meet the criteria of the PL notes, and likewise the Chapter 10 file. It's easier for the editor if lines are together in one, tidy audio file per chapter.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I have sent a PM regarding PL notes and expired claim to Henry Putney's reader.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnn,

I have tried multiple times over the course of a few days, but I cannot pull up PhilipH when trying to assign him to a section in the Magic Window, even after adding him in as a new reader. I don't know what I'm doing wrong; could you check it out?
PhilipH wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:48 pm Hello, may I please read Ralph? Thanks! Also I would like my catalog name to be Philip, please.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnn,

Also, would you please delete/unsticky the Listeners Wanted post for this project?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle88 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 6:35 pm MaryAnn,

I have tried multiple times over the course of a few days, but I cannot pull up PhilipH when trying to assign him to a section in the Magic Window, even after adding him in as a new reader. I don't know what I'm doing wrong; could you check it out?
PhilipH wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:48 pm Hello, may I please read Ralph? Thanks! Also I would like my catalog name to be Philip, please.
I have the same problem. I've asked the other admins for help.

And the PL advert is now unstickied.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Answer on PhilipH:

There is another reading using the same e-mail address (Pianolil). We will need a different e-mail address for Philip.

Philip should send his e-mail by PM (private message) to knotyouraveragejo. Don't post the e-mail in the forum. Jo will change it in the system and can help him get logged in (if he needs to change a password, she's not sure). Once that's all done, he can be added to the reader database.

MaryAnn
YANGXU

Post by YANGXU »

Hi,

I'm trying to update the magic window for chapter 2 PL. But when I'm doing the first step: accessing the system -- first time login, it shows "Unable to email the Reset Password link" after I put my username.

Do you know why and how I may fix this? Thank you very much.

Yang
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

YANGXU wrote: July 28th, 2021, 6:57 am Hi,

I'm trying to update the magic window for chapter 2 PL. But when I'm doing the first step: accessing the system -- first time login, it shows "Unable to email the Reset Password link" after I put my username.

Do you know why and how I may fix this? Thank you very much.

Yang
Yang,
Only the BC (book coordinator) and DPL (dedicated proof listener) have access to the magic window. One of them will update the MW for chapter 2.
MaryAnn
YANGXU

Post by YANGXU »

Hi MaryAnn,

Got it! Thanks for your explanation. This is my first-time proof-listening.

I have proof-listened chapter 2 and everything is good. I'm wondering what the next steps would be? Do I just post a reply here for feedback or anything else I need to do?

Thanks,
Yang
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Hi, Yang!

Yes, if Chapter 2 was good and you have no PL notes to leave for the editor, then you would post in this thread: “Chapter 2 is PL OK.”

Thanks for listening to it!