Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roger

Post by Roger »

Clinton Ward in sections 3 and 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_clinton_3.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_clinton_9.mp3

Section 3: 0:36
Section 9: 1:21

Hope this is OK. Let me know if not, or if revisions could be beneficial.
Thanks!
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, everyone! Pratt's maid, Clinton, and Dr Britt's section 9 are all PL ok!

I'll get started on PLing narration as well, but I may not have time for both sections tonight.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Narrator section 2 is PL ok! :D
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Mrs. Serviss - Section 16 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mrs_serviss_16.mp3 (First upload was incorrect. Reuploaded with correct section number in file name.)

Run time: 00:13:35

Feeling like an underachiever...

- Jennifer Wilson
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Great Aunt Dosia - section 10 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_great_aunt_dosia_10.mp3

Run time: 00:39:31

Please let me know if you'd like me to make any changes.

- Jennifer Wilson
kromaine

Post by kromaine »

mightyfelix wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:33 pm
kromaine wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:28 am Hi,
Looks like a fascinating project. I would be happy to record the part of Dr Weissman if that is ok? I enjoy voicing different accents so should be fun! :D
Kevin.
Sounds great! Let me know if you have any questions about this project. A dramatic reading is obviously different from other types of projects we do here, so if anything doesn't make sense, just ask!
Hi mightyfelix, Please may I ask for an extension as I am going to be pushed to complete by end of June. Really sorry. To cut a (very) long story short I have had some bad health issues which have laid me low and have dragged on longer than I had anticipated (or wanted!). I am thankfully now on my way "out of the woods" as it were and should be back in recording mode next month! Thanks, Kevin
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sure, I'm happy to extend that for you. I hope the health issues are resolving well.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I'm terribly sorry, Michele. I see now that I was unclear in my notes. You corrected the two optional spots perfectly. And I can see how you would understand my phonetic spelling of buttes as two syllables. But it is only one syllable, like the first syllable in the word "beautiful." Would you mind giving it one more go?
Hi not a problem at all I have now (hopefully) said it correctly sorry for the misunderstanding.

The time is still the same. Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_narrator_01_128kb.mp3
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
francescoufilice

Post by francescoufilice »

I am new to librivox. If there are any small roles that need to be filled I would love to help out.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

francescoufilice wrote: June 24th, 2021, 2:28 pm I am new to librivox. If there are any small roles that need to be filled I would love to help out.
There are plenty of small roles left! The roles in the MW (magic window) that are marked "Open" are still available, and I am allowing double casting for the roles that have an asterisk by them, as long as you don't appear twice in the same section. The second post has a link to a document that gives an outline of each character, so that you know something about them before you sign up. Let me know who you're interested in reading!

Please start out with your 1-minute test before doing your actual recording, though: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test It's not an audition, but more like a sound/tech check to be sure that your recording will have the required settings. :)
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Can I do Pratt's Guest 1?

You said that you didn't want to double-cast roles within a section, and I've already submitted Great Aunt Dosia in section 10, but I believe that I could make the voices distinct from each other. Is there some other consideration to prevent double-casting within a section?

- Jennifer Wilson
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Leganto wrote: June 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm Can I do Pratt's Guest 1?

You said that you didn't want to double-cast roles within a section, and I've already submitted Great Aunt Dosia in section 10, but I believe that I could make the voices distinct from each other. Is there some other consideration to prevent double-casting within a section?

- Jennifer Wilson
Hmm, yes, I do prefer not to have the same reader twice in a section. That's mostly to avoid having someone talking to themselves, of course. And no matter how you try, most people really can't change their voice very significantly, so it can be confusing to a listener to know who is speaking. However, I think I am willing to make an exception in this case. Dosia only has two lines, and Pratt's guest only has one, and there are pages and pages in between, so there's no risk of confusion. :thumbs: So I think we can manage in this case.