COMPLETE[PLAY]Bacchides by Plautus - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
VocalPenguin
Posts: 153
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » May 4th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Mind if I take on the role of Lydus?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 5th, 2021, 5:38 am

Thank you.

Todd

GregGiordano
Posts: 3951
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 10th, 2021, 3:51 am

May I claim Mnesilochus?

Thank you!

Greg

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 10th, 2021, 3:56 am

Thank you. And we are now full!

Todd

GregGiordano
Posts: 3951
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 16th, 2021, 10:41 am


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 16th, 2021, 12:31 pm

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28561
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 17th, 2021, 12:07 am

GregGiordano wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 10:41 am
Here are the Two Acts that Mnesilochus is in:
excellent job, Greg, and thank you for the fast turn-around. :thumbs: Mnesilochus wants to be quite a rogue, but is blundering about through the act :lol:

I did find a few things to correct:

Act 3:
> for the voice credit, could you please always read the entire description (as written in the MW), so we don't need to insert the voice of the narrator in there: "Mnesilochus, his son, read by Greg Giordano"
> at 5:42: (p. 177) "but I'll go home now and pilfer something from my father" – you say "her father"
> at 9:42: (p. 179) "he lives on good terms with yourself" – I think you say "within", which sounds a bit strange

Act 4:
> at about 7:45: (p. 187) please insert missed line: "What you have ordered is now written on the wax."

thanks

Sonia

GregGiordano
Posts: 3951
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 17th, 2021, 4:05 am

Kitty wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 12:07 am
GregGiordano wrote:
May 16th, 2021, 10:41 am
Here are the Two Acts that Mnesilochus is in:
excellent job, Greg, and thank you for the fast turn-around. :thumbs: Mnesilochus wants to be quite a rogue, but is blundering about through the act :lol:

I did find a few things to correct:

Act 3:
> for the voice credit, could you please always read the entire description (as written in the MW), so we don't need to insert the voice of the narrator in there: "Mnesilochus, his son, read by Greg Giordano"
> at 5:42: (p. 177) "but I'll go home now and pilfer something from my father" – you say "her father"
> at 9:42: (p. 179) "he lives on good terms with yourself" – I think you say "within", which sounds a bit strange

Act 4:
> at about 7:45: (p. 187) please insert missed line: "What you have ordered is now written on the wax."

thanks

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I shall make the corrections as requested. As always. I appreciate the feedback!

Take care,

Greg

GregGiordano
Posts: 3951
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 17th, 2021, 7:19 pm

Here are the two corrected sections for Mnesilochus:

Act 3 -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_mnesilochus_3.mp3

Act 4 -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_mnesilochus_4.mp3

Take care,

Greg

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28561
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 17th, 2021, 11:41 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Here are the two corrected sections for Mnesilochus:
excellent, thank you, Greg, now all PL ok :)

only waiting for one final role now 8-)

Acts 2 and 4 are already ready to go !

Sonia

GregGiordano
Posts: 3951
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » May 18th, 2021, 2:54 am

Kitty wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 11:41 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Here are the two corrected sections for Mnesilochus:
excellent, thank you, Greg, now all PL ok :)

only waiting for one final role now 8-)

Acts 2 and 4 are already ready to go !

Sonia
Wonderful! Thank you!

Greg

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 24th, 2021, 6:09 am

Here is my draft of the cast list. It will be formatted differently on the catalog page.

<BR><BR>Cast list:<BR>
Silenus, the Divinity, who speaks the Prologue: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6754">ToddHW</a><br>
Nicobulus, an aged citizen of Athens: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/13577">Adrian Stephens</a><br>
Mnesilochus, his son: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8011">Greg Giordano</a><br>
Philoxenus, another aged citizen of Athens: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7170">Alan Mapstone</a><br>
Pistoclerus, his son: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/11484">Mike Manolakes</a><br>
Lydus, servant of Philoxenus, and tutor of Pistoclerus: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/14768">VocalPenguin</a><br>
Chrysalus, servant of Nicobulus: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/10801">Jim Locke</a><br>
Cleomachus, a Captain of Samos: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8164">Rob Marland</a><br>
A Parasite of Cleomachus: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6754">ToddHW</a><br>
Servant of Pistoclerus: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7170">Alan Mapstone</a><br>
First Bacchis, twin-sister, Courtesan: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/4174">Availle</a><br>
Second Bacchis, twin sister, Courtesan: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/10179">Sonia</a><br>
Stage Directions: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/15193">Tchaikovsky</a><br>
Editing: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6754">ToddHW</a><br>

Thanks, Todd

VocalPenguin
Posts: 153
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » May 30th, 2021, 5:23 pm


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 30th, 2021, 5:46 pm

Thank you.

SONIA: I will PL these as I cut them into the master files. You can then listen to everything together for the final PL.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14651
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 31st, 2021, 5:50 am

Lydus Act 1 PL OK.

Act 1 of Bacchides ready for final PL.

Thank, Todd

Post Reply