OPEN[PLAY]Every Man In His Humour by Jonson - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13309
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 9th, 2018, 4:41 am

ZamesCurran wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 8:40 pm
All caught up. Here's Brainworm, Act II:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everymaninhishumour_brainworm_2.mp3
Brainworm Act 1 is PL ok now.

For Act 2, I have two small notes to correct:

> at 7:01: “there is no ascent by desert in these days” – the way you stress it on the first syllable, it means this “sandy area”, but actually it should be stressed on the second syllable to mean “merit” in this context (the noun of the verb “to deserve sth good”)

> at 7:46: “I’ll but garter my hose” – you say “your hose” which is definitely not what he meant here ;)

I liked the ending speech, you sound quite mischievous there. 8-)

thanks, James

Sonia

ZamesCurran
Posts: 433
Joined: March 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Contact:

Post by ZamesCurran » October 9th, 2018, 4:53 am

Kitty wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 4:41 am
> at 7:01: “there is no ascent by desert in these days” – the way you stress it on the first syllable, it means this “sandy area”, but actually it should be stressed on the second syllable to mean “merit” in this context (the noun of the verb “to deserve sth good”)
Aha

I've noticed that he often uses "t" at the end of words, where modern writers would use "ed". I took me a while to figure out how to pronounce "possest".
Truth,
James
---------------------
"A Day Well Spent" - (origin of "Hello Dolly", in One Act 11)


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13309
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 12th, 2018, 12:00 am

thank you for these submissions :) Cash is nicely portrayed, I especially like the moments where he is running after Cob. :mrgreen: good job for your first outing into drama.

However there are a few things that need correcting:

for Act 1:

> the file has the wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant.

> for the voice credit, please say the full description as in the MW: “Thomas Cash, Kitely’s cashier, read by B Danziger”

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_2_128kb . We never use section numbers in stage plays, because the roles get rearranged constantly. As you can see, you are moved up to positions 2-4 now. So the number of the act is used instead. Also please never use capital letters in your filenames. And the [ ] may break the link, so these are better avoided too. We only gave them in the template as example.

for Act 2:

> again wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> volume a bit too high, maybe reduce by 2 dB at least

> at about 2:57: missing line: “Now must I look out for a messenger to my master.

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_3_128kb

for Act 3:

> also here: wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> at 0:16: missing line: “My mistress and your sister—

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_4_128kb

Thank you

Sonia

bdanzige
Posts: 61
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » October 13th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Kitty wrote:
October 12th, 2018, 12:00 am
thank you for these submissions :) Cash is nicely portrayed, I especially like the moments where he is running after Cob. :mrgreen: good job for your first outing into drama.

However there are a few things that need correcting:

for Act 1:

> the file has the wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant.

> for the voice credit, please say the full description as in the MW: “Thomas Cash, Kitely’s cashier, read by B Danziger”

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_2_128kb . We never use section numbers in stage plays, because the roles get rearranged constantly. As you can see, you are moved up to positions 2-4 now. So the number of the act is used instead. Also please never use capital letters in your filenames. And the [ ] may break the link, so these are better avoided too. We only gave them in the template as example.

for Act 2:

> again wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> volume a bit too high, maybe reduce by 2 dB at least

> at about 2:57: missing line: “Now must I look out for a messenger to my master.

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_3_128kb

for Act 3:

> also here: wrong bitrate, should be 128 kbps constant

> at 0:16: missing line: “My mistress and your sister—

> please name your file: everymaninhishumour_cash_4_128kb

Thank you

Sonia
:D Thanks! It went better that I expected. I'll fix it.

Post Reply