LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently February 25th, 2017, 6:36 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: February 12th, 2017, 2:32 am 

Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Oxford (Miss)
Alain act 1 with missing letter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_1.mp3

As I have just got my new laptop working, I am like a kid with a new toy, I want to play with it all the time.

_________________
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 12th, 2017, 2:41 am 

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 4117
alanmapstone wrote:
Alain act 1 with missing letter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_1.mp3

As I have just got my new laptop working, I am like a kid with a new toy, I want to play with it all the time.


:lol: I can so understand this feeling. Well, have fun with your new toy. It's quite a good quality of sound too so you made a good purchase. :thumbs:

Act 1 definitely now PL ok. :)

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 15th, 2017, 8:52 am 

Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Oxford (Miss)
Alain acts 2 & 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_2.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_3.mp3

_________________
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 15th, 2017, 9:08 am 

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 4117
alanmapstone wrote:

thanks Alain ! :mrgreen: both already checked and PL ok. I love your explanation of jealous men.

Todd, Alan's interpretation of the "oh-oh" (0.21-0:23) which we have to say both, is completely different than mine (0:17-0:19). In fact, maybe his is more accurate to the scene. Should I re-do my line or do you think it sounds good nevertheless this way ?

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 15th, 2017, 7:59 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 5247
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Kitty wrote:
alanmapstone wrote:

thanks Alain ! :mrgreen: both already checked and PL ok. I love your explanation of jealous men.

Todd, Alan's interpretation of the "oh-oh" (0.21-0:23) which we have to say both, is completely different than mine (0:17-0:19). In fact, maybe his is more accurate to the scene. Should I re-do my line or do you think it sounds good nevertheless this way ?

Sonia

Having the oh-oh different doesn't bother me. Your Georgette could be responding as frightened - OH-OH - while Alain is more amused - OH-oh. I may put them sequential rather than stacked one on top of the other when I edit.

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens Potash & Perlmutter Quality Street Paul Jones The Inconstant The Schoolmistress Husband School Wife School


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 16th, 2017, 12:46 am 

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 4117
ToddHW wrote:
Having the oh-oh different doesn't bother me. Your Georgette could be responding as frightened - OH-OH - while Alain is more amused - OH-oh. I may put them sequential rather than stacked one on top of the other when I edit.

ok that's actually a good idea. You're right, I think I made Georgette more frightened because of the things she says right after the oh-oh.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 16th, 2017, 11:46 am 

Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Oxford (Miss)
Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:
Having the oh-oh different doesn't bother me. Your Georgette could be responding as frightened - OH-OH - while Alain is more amused - OH-oh. I may put them sequential rather than stacked one on top of the other when I edit.

ok that's actually a good idea. You're right, I think I made Georgette more frightened because of the things she says right after the oh-oh.

Sonia


I agree that while Georgette finds their master's anger a bit frightening, Alain sees it as the sort of thing servants have to put up with and tries to pass it off. So I tried to make the 'Oh oh' and 'I am dying' lines sound exaggerated as though he is 'playing up' to the master's anger.

_________________
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 16th, 2017, 3:26 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 5247
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Perfect from both of you!

I look forward to assembling this.

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens Potash & Perlmutter Quality Street Paul Jones The Inconstant The Schoolmistress Husband School Wife School


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 17th, 2017, 9:41 am 

Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Oxford (Miss)
Alain acts 4 & 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_4.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_alain_5.mp3

_________________
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 17th, 2017, 10:32 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 5247
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Thanks.

Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens Potash & Perlmutter Quality Street Paul Jones The Inconstant The Schoolmistress Husband School Wife School


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: February 17th, 2017, 12:07 pm 

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 4117
alanmapstone wrote:

no problems whatsoever with the two final acts. :) Alain PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group