See signature line

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

On the positive side, we are getting an increased number of New South Welshmen registering though :hmm:

Anne
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

annise wrote: August 15th, 2021, 2:36 am On the positive side, we are getting an increased number of New South Welshmen registering though :hmm:

Anne
Really? that's great.

Courage, SoTE!

Barbara
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Are the (over-the-top?) lockdowns throughout Australia really as draconian as they've been presented in the U.S. media? That is, army/military enforcement of lockdowns, "decontamination tents" in front of residents' homes, the forbidding of talking to others in public places (stores, etc.) and even with one's neighbors, and more?

If so, I sympathize with the Australian citizens, and appreciate that here in the U.S., in most places, leadership hasn't pushed to such extremes.

Don
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes - the army is driving down the streets in tanks exterminating all those out of their houses and sending echidnas into houses to shoot virus-laden quills to infect the non vaccinated. Thank heavens I have had my 2 injections :D
I know this leaves out the drop bears and the tame kangaroos used as shopping trolleys and the 20 most venomous snakes but my imagination stopped there...

But no it is not true
As the police had too many things to do, the states were offered a small group of army medical corp to help out and as far as I know, they did man a nursing home where the staff was all quarantined and they have been knocking on doors of people who are supposed to be home quarantining to check they are home and report to the health department. They may be guarding the hotel quarantine too.

I've not heard of decontamination tents and houses.

Anne
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Whew! But you forgot the sub-marine invasions by blue-ringed octupi with little knapsacks of virus on their tiny backs.

The media do relish drama but there are only two states in lockdown at the moment Don and a few suburbs in a third (unless something has happened in the last hour or so).

In fact, it was a failure to lockdown early enough in one state that is now causing strong restrictions being placed on its inhabitants and which has led to a resurgence of the virus in neighbouring states (which did lockdown hard when necessary).

It's the police, not the army, who are manning the border into my state and God bless them for doing so.

So I'll be out and about today!

Barbara
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anne, Barbara, you've made my day. Thank you!
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear you are unwell. Best wishes and get well :(

Hope you don't have the dreaded Covid :help:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose