Tell Me Something About Your Pet(s)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Do You happen to have a Pet?If Yes,Tell me what kind of Positivity they/it brought to Your life.

And do mention how Goofy they are.
Share some fun incidents.

(Rescue Animals are more Welcome)
Last edited by AdhiraamBose on August 10th, 2021, 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

The first thing that comes to my mind is the way in which they prompt me to examine my life. They remind me that there is a slower, more serene approach to things.
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

My pets are wild jumping spiders in my room. I invade their land in fact. They don't fear me at all. I always fear that I might push them while I sleep. They hunt a fly for me.
Last edited by CSCO on July 29th, 2021, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Dulcamara wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:51 am The first thing that comes to my mind is the way in which they prompt me to examine my life. They remind me that there is a slower, more serene approach to things.
Do You have Dogs or Cats or something else?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

It didn't go as planned. :lol:

I thought people would tell their stories as in GeoBeats Animals and The Dodo. :lol:

Well it turns out life is not what is shot on the Camera.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

AdhiraamBose wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:18 pm
Dulcamara wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:51 am The first thing that comes to my mind is the way in which they prompt me to examine my life. They remind me that there is a slower, more serene approach to things.
Two dogs and two cats. Charlie, the ginger cat, will snatch your pretzels from your hand if you are not careful.
Jasna

AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Dulcamara wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:37 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:18 pm
Two dogs and two cats. Charlie, the ginger cat, will snatch your pretzels from your hand if you are not careful.
Do they fight?

What breed are Your Dogs?

Sorry,but I don't know what Pretzels are.

Charlie seems Interesting.The way You depict him makes him look funny.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

They are mixed breed: Maggie is a springer spaniel and Tigger is a lurcher.

Willy is a white cat happily living his golden years.

For the most part, they get along quite well. The only problem is when Tigger smells fish in Charlie's breath she wants to eat him. When that happens she needs to be reminded that in this household we DO NOT eat the cats.

(These pretzels I was talking about are small snacks.)

:D
Jasna

AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Dulcamara wrote: July 28th, 2021, 3:27 am They are mixed breed: Maggie is a springer spaniel and Tigger is a lurcher.

Willy is a white cat happily living his golden years.

For the most part, they get along quite well. The only problem is when Tigger smells fish in Charlie's breath she wants to eat him. When that happens she needs to be reminded that in this household we DO NOT eat the cats.

(These pretzels I was talking about are small snacks.)

:D
Seems like a BitterSweet Pet Family.

By the way,Is it true that Cats are Selfish and Vicious?

Most the cats I saw in my life and the internet were arrogant.

Rarely did I find a 'Good' Cat(The 'Good' here is based on perception).For example,Pusic from Cat Pusic Youtube channel.

Edit:By The Way,Which one of the Four is the Cuddliest one?
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

In my limited experience I 've found that cats can be very affectionate but they like to be left alone. And they tend to think that we, the people, are indeed THEIR pets.
Jasna

EllaTandilyan

Post by EllaTandilyan »

Believe it or not, I have chickens for pets. The fact that they can't fly is a myth.
Last edited by EllaTandilyan on December 15th, 2021, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ella
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

They are SO cute!

Chickens and ducklings were my playmates. :9:
Jasna

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Dulcamara wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:07 am In my limited experience I 've found that cats can be very affectionate but they like to be left alone. And they tend to think that we, the people, are indeed THEIR pets.
Yes, they enjoy affection, but only on their terms and when they feel like it.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

EllaTandilyan wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:20 pm Believe it or not, I have chickens for pets. They amaze me because, firstly, the belief that chicken’s can’t fly is a myth, and they have remarkable courage.
By that do You mean You have a Poultry Farm(I don't know if it is the proper term for what I mean) full of 100s of chickens or do You have Chikens as Casual Pets like 4 to 5 Chickens?

We once used to have Chickens for Pets a few Years ago.

The first one we had,had an interesting story.
It was probably one of our neibour's but we were not sure of whom.
They had Chickens which would come to our home while roaming and cause us problems(I don't remember what problems they caused).
So,one day annoyed,my Mother caught one of the chickens and tied it to a certain tree of our home.No one came searching for it so we kept it as ours and used to feed it.
It was the cutest of hens I ever saw.
Sadly,it's health detoriated and it died and my mother cooked it and I was unwilling to eat it(It felt somewhat like cannibalism).
And,we went on to Buy more baby hens and every time my mother cooked them after their death,I was unwilling to eat them.

But sadly,I could never create any good bond with any of the hens we owned.Everytime I went to pet them,they ran away.

And the sound they made while running away was the funniest. :lol:
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

We have chickens too, but I don't ever try to pat them - they don't associate that action with us being their friends like dogs do.
My favourite pets are probably sheep, hence my username! Our sheep are fantastic and not at all dumb like books often depict.
What are your pets, Adhiraam?