Tell Me Something About Your Pet(s)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 4:57 pm We have chickens too, but I don't ever try to pat them - they don't associate that action with us being their friends like dogs do.
My favourite pets are probably sheep, hence my username! Our sheep are fantastic and not at all dumb like books often depict.
What are your pets, Adhiraam?
I don't have pets.And,I didn't know that sheeps were represented as dumb in Books.Here,people consider Donkey's dumb.

Are You a shepherd family?
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

AdhiraamBose wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 9:21 pm
I don't have pets. And, I didn't know that sheep were represented as dumb in Books. Here, people consider Donkey's dumb.

Oh, there are just some books, such as the popular Australian books: The Billabong Series, that depict them as dumb.

We're not really a shepherd family in the true sense of the word(s). We don't really have 'shepherds' here in Australia. We do farm sheep, Wiltshire Horns, for meat, though. But while they fatten before going off to the market, I fall in love with them :9: . I really am quite silly like that...
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 12:38 am
I don't have pets. And, I didn't know that sheep were represented as dumb in Books. Here, people consider Donkey's dumb.

Oh, there are just some books, such as the popular Australian books: The Billabong Series, that depict them as dumb.

We're not really a shepherd family in the true sense of the word(s). We don't really have 'shepherds' here in Australia. We do farm sheep, Wiltshire Horns, for meat, though. But while they fatten before going off to the market, I fall in love with them :9: . I really am quite silly like that...
Do You people Live in the CountrySide(I don't properly understand what the term means but,I percieve it as Village/Rural region)?How does it feel to live in a Village Area of an Western Country(If You live)?

As a child,I believed Western Countries(Which infact I believed all to be Higly Developed Nations Both Technologically and Economically.) don't have Village Areas and 'Poor' People.

And,what thing about Sheeps Makes You Love Them?Is it their Fluffiness?
And,what else animals do You keep?Do You have Dogs?
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

AdhiraamBose wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:28 am
. . . Are You a shepherd family?
. . . I fall in love with them :9: . I really am quite silly like that...
. . . what else animals do You keep? Do You have Dogs?
Sheep are wonderful, especially the young ones (3+ month old lambs), in the adorable way they play with one another, the joyful way they call to you as you approach (or the sad way they call to you as you walk away), the way they gallop across the paddock in their eagerness to say 'hello', the way they follow you around just because they enjoy being with you. Older lambs definitely are very companionable, and I really believe it is a pity for those, especially in the city, who never get to experience them. As you may be able to tell, I love my lambs. :9:

We also have a farm dog, a beautiful Border Collie X Kelpie, and a ferret. They are both hilarious when they play together. :lol:
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

. . . He seems to go to people who don't like cats. How can they tell, and why do they do it?
Oh, no!!
Does that mean he will show up on my doormat tomorrow???? :shock:
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 4:59 pm
AdhiraamBose wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:28 am

. . . I fall in love with them :9: . I really am quite silly like that...
. . . what else animals do You keep? Do You have Dogs?
Sheep are wonderful, especially the young ones (3+ month old lambs), in the adorable way they play with one another, the joyful way they call to you as you approach (or the sad way they call to you as you walk away), the way they gallop across the paddock in their eagerness to say 'hello', the way they follow you around just because they enjoy being with you. Older lambs definitely are very companionable, and I really believe it is a pity for those, especially in the city, who never get to experience them. As you may be able to tell, I love my lambs. :9:

We also have a farm dog, a beautiful Border Collie X Kelpie, and a ferret. They are both hilarious when they play together. :lol:
Why didn't You tell me that You had a Dog? :(
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

What positivity he brought to my life: my sister owes me now :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: She owes you big indeed!
He seems to go to people who don't like cats. How can they tell, and why do they do it?
It's curious, isn't it? I've heard it has to do with the cat feeling safe. People who don't like cats won't look at them, and as staring implies a possible confrontation for animals, they will by default feel safer with someone who doesn't appear to be a threat.
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

AdhiraamBose wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 10:20 pm
Oops!!
I must have forgotten that piece of information... :|
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

TheSheepGal wrote: August 4th, 2021, 2:06 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 10:20 pm
Oops!!
I must have forgotten that piece of information... :|
Does Your Dog Come And Curl Up on Your Lap? :lol:
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

AdhiraamBose wrote: August 4th, 2021, 2:12 am
Does Your Dog Come And Curl Up on Your Lap? :lol:
Well, no. She's only an outside dog, but she is still very friendly and cuddly. :D
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

That is Good.
EllaTandilyan

Post by EllaTandilyan »

yup, my dog too. She’s a German Shepherd Malinois mix and super active. Her breeder was aumish so it makes sense.
Ella
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Does She Chase her Tail? :lol:

[Ella,check the Private Message I sent You earlier.I was a bit concerned as You were not online for many days after what You said on the Topic 'Please Pray For My Country.'.
Are You alright anyway?]
EllaTandilyan

Post by EllaTandilyan »

[quote=AdhiraamBose post_id=1937541 time=1629383563 user_id=126962]
Does She Chase her Tail? :lol:

[Ella,check the Private Message I sent You earlier.I was a bit concerned as You were not online for many days after what You said on the Topic 'Please Pray For My Country.'.
Are You alright anyway?]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm fine. I had some problems with my profile.
Ella
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

EllaTandilyan wrote: December 15th, 2021, 7:16 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: August 19th, 2021, 7:32 am Does She Chase her Tail? :lol:

Are You alright anyway?]
Yeah, I'm fine. I had some problems with my profile.
Happy to know that ma'am :) .
I hope the wind is peaceful as of now.