George Sand/In Our Time Radio Show/Podcast

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Since several George Sand books have been recent LV projects (at least one currently in progress), I thought I would mention that the most recent episode of In Our Time, a BBC Radio show, features a discussion of this author. (It's an old episode repeated during their summer break). If you are able to stream directly from the BBC site you can listen to there if interested. Each episode is also released as a podcast so you can get it from Apple Podcasts (my source) or another other podcast app that carries the show.

If you are unfamiliar with the show, it's hosted by Melvyn Bragg and usually features a discussion of an author or other creator, scientist or scientific development, or a historical event, roundtable interview style with three scholars specializing in whatever the topic is. It's a very relaxing podcast I often listen to while falling asleep.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks, I've added this to my to-listen list! There are quite a few other interesting-looking episodes that I'll be checking out as well.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

That was fascinating, thanks again! I'd always been wondering why she used the English spelling of George, so it was interesting to get a perspective on that.

For any listeners who haven't read Indiana yet, be aware that the speakers discuss a major spoiler from 47:58-50:15. And if you're interested in reading/listening to it, I recommend Mary Herndon Bell's excellent reading on LV!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah