Brown-Eyed Girl

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Reading through all the old playscripts with their black-and-white photos of famous actors of the day who played the roles in films has reminded me of something an old film historian of the silent film era once told me.

If you've ever wondered why so many famous actors and actresses of that era had darker eye shades, it was because of the technical nature of the early black-and-white motion-picture film itself. It reproduced the brown eyes pleasingly, but a blue eye shade used to come up kinda washed-out and weird-looking on the final black-and-white prints, and was considered by the studio bosses to make the aspiring heart-throb actor or actress look sub-optimally alluring or insincere. So only a villain or such that the director deliberately wanted to look freaky could bring his blue eyes to the role.

I would sooo have clinched that Rasputin role. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm best when I'm silent, too. (Wink.)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

KevinS wrote: โ†‘May 6th, 2021, 5:23 pm I'm best when I'm silent, too. (Wink.)
Then signing up for LibriVox was an interesting choice :lol: sorta like how I have trouble reading aloud, but here I am.
~ ๐š˜๐š— ๐š‘๐š’๐šŠ๐š๐šž๐šœ ~