This week's scientific quiz

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?

2. How many cats do you feed each day?

3. How many handwritten letters have you written and mailed this month? (Please include in your total greeting cards that include more than three sentences.)

Your data will not be shared with any government agency, bookseller, animal shelter, or stationary store.
zachh

Post by zachh »

1:Depends how you define reaching from the bed. On my nightstand about 10, but from the foot of my bed I could reach 200-300 more books that are on a floor to ceiling shelf I built into the wall, between the studs. I had to do it that way so the door could still open, and there's just room.

2. 0

3. Ditto
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Zero, zero, zero. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TriciaG wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:31 pm Zero, zero, zero. :lol:
So Tricia, does this make aesthetic or ascetic? :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

1. From my bed? 0. From the guest bed, where I end up sleeping about 30% of the time, 7.
2. 2
3. 0 mailed, 1 written.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: March 29th, 2021, 6:01 pm 3. 0 mailed, 1 written.
I can send you a stamp if you like.
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: March 29th, 2021, 7:56 am 1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?

3. How many handwritten letters have you written and mailed this month? (Please include in your total greeting cards that include more than three sentences.)

Your data will not be shared with any government agency, bookseller, animal shelter, or stationary store.
14, 4, 0 (more than three sentences? even in a month like this,where i was writing several short messages on paper...i'm sorry)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

None that I can reach while *lying* in bed--I can't read myself to sleep; the stories keep me awake. Four that I could reach if I sat up.

None. (Have goats instead.)

Three, I think.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

KevinS wrote: March 29th, 2021, 7:56 am 1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?

1. At present: eight on the nightstand, eleven stacked on the floor underneath the nightstand, and about 30 underneath the bed, which I suppose could theoretically be reached from in bed if one lay on one's stomach and stretched one's arms down while leaning over the edge. (Clearly, I have a bookcase shortage, despite owning five bookcases!)

2. No cats, just one very hungry dog.

3. Only one. And it was merely a businesslike note enclosed with a bill payment. But it was more than three sentences, so I suppose it counts. Once upon a time, my sister and I wrote each other long handwritten letters a couple times a month, but about ten years ago, we started doing e-mails instead, and now we only write on paper once or twice a year. I miss the paper letters, with envelope doodle art, and quirky inserts of fun clippings, and my sister's handwriting, but I guess modern life is what it is.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

1. About thirty-five to forty. I have a shelf full of books next to my bed, all of which I've read at least five times, but then I have a gajillion completed journals and stories in the form of notebooks that I leave stashed underneath my bed (I can reach underneath pretty far without getting up) so... yeah. I'm not the most organized person ever. But I do love books (that's why I'm here on LibriVox.)
2. I feed 4 cats and a dog. I have two indoor cats who are adopted, so legally mine, and two outdoor (one a neighbor's cat who lives here and one a tamed feral cat.) Sometimes there's a fifth outdoor cat who comes around for kibble and then leaves.
3. Maybe one? My best friend and I send each other little cards and drawings from time to time, as we live in the same city. But maybe that was in January. Or February. I'm not sure.
okay, that was more information than you probably wanted to know :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

1. 9

2. 0

3. 0

I'm antisocial this month! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
schrm

Post by schrm »

i am too nosy for that thread.... :?
i would like to see fotos of the books on the nightstand.
:mrgreen:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?
None that I can reach from lying down, but I have a bookshelf right next to my bed.

No cats, does a dog count?

3. How many handwritten letters have you written and mailed this month?
None.
Roxy
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Generoushorse wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:43 am 1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?
None that I can reach from lying down, but I have a bookshelf right next to my bed.

None.
Dogs that can meow might count. We would need to hear a recording though (in the interest of science.)
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

KevinS wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:09 am
Generoushorse wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:43 am 1. How many items of bound reading material do you have on your nightstand or otherwise within reach when lying in bed?

None.
Dogs that can meow might count. We would need to hear a recording though (in the interest of science.)
Well, my dog is a scardy cat--scared of everything--even the tiny chicks we brought home last month. She loves chasing lasers, is an extremely picky eater, and hmm...what else do cats do that I've caught her doing? I'm not around cats enough...
Roxy