This week's scientific quiz

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

KevinS wrote: April 9th, 2021, 12:04 pmHaha! When is the book sale?
What?! SELL my books?! NEVER! I will keep them till they collapse the house! HaHa indeed!
However, in the interests of not collapsing the house, I have sworn off buying any more books. Not one new book. For the past decade, I have resisted even the temptation of library discard sales, and stuck to taking books out on my library card, and returning them when done, thus keeping the book infestation from growing any larger - though admittedly doing nothing to shrink the collection already in place.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

commonsparrow3 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 12:50 pm
KevinS wrote: April 9th, 2021, 12:04 pmHaha! When is the book sale?
What?! SELL my books?! NEVER! I will keep them till they collapse the house! HaHa indeed!
However, in the interests of not collapsing the house, I have sworn off buying any more books. Not one new book. For the past decade, I have resisted even the temptation of library discard sales, and stuck to taking books out on my library card, and returning them when done, thus keeping the book infestation from growing any larger - though admittedly doing nothing to shrink the collection already in place.
When I used to go out, I would find, rarely, but still... excellent hardback books at the dollar store. It didn't help my bookcase shortage.

Mind you, it's not too many books that's a problem; it's too few bookshelves.