Thursday's Question

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Regarding Easter cards. Does one try to have them delivered close to Easter? Or can they be sent early as we do Christmas cards?
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

No, I think they can be sent anytime in the Lent period, just so long as they're not late. :wink:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-EarthπŸ§β€β™€οΈ, classicsπŸ“–, and artπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑March 11th, 2021, 9:05 am No, I think they can be sent anytime in the Lent period, just so long as they're not late. :wink:
If there is 5 dollars from Grandma in the card, I suppose they are welcome anytime.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I didn’t know sending Easter cards was a thing! :lol:
I have a ton of extended family, so for me it’s enough to send birthday and Christmas cards. (I already empty a book of stamps the same day I buy it!)
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 11th, 2021, 1:27 pm I didn’t know sending Easter cards was a thing! :lol:
I have a ton of extended family, so for me it’s enough to send birthday and Christmas cards. (I already empty a book of stamps the same day I buy it!)
I'm sending it to a priest. (He sent me one last year. Gotta keep in good with the Big Guy, you know.)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

KevinS wrote: ↑March 11th, 2021, 1:33 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 11th, 2021, 1:27 pm I didn’t know sending Easter cards was a thing! :lol:
I'm sending it to a priest. (He sent me one last year. Gotta keep in good with the Big Guy, you know.)
:lol: :lol:
I should think Jesus would know when he himself rose, though...
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 11th, 2021, 1:43 pm :lol: :lol:
I should think Jesus would know when he himself rose, though...
Well, it was early in the morning. Maybe after coffee.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I would think that any Easter card delivered by mail would have to arrive on Saturday at the latest, unless the recipient is in one of those mythical places where there is Sunday delivery. And if it has to be early anyway then it might as well be even earlier, I suppose. I think if you were going to stick it through someone's door, ring the bell and run away that would be best done on Easter morning itself, but perhaps you're not close enough by to make that convenient.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

zachh wrote: ↑March 14th, 2021, 7:26 pm I think if you were going to stick it through someone's door, ring the bell and run away that would be best done on Easter morning itself, but perhaps you're not close enough by to make that convenient.
Would I have to wear a bunny suit?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: ↑March 14th, 2021, 8:20 pm
zachh wrote: ↑March 14th, 2021, 7:26 pm I think if you were going to stick it through someone's door, ring the bell and run away that would be best done on Easter morning itself, but perhaps you're not close enough by to make that convenient.
Wait... You mean, you don't on a regular basis?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: ↑March 14th, 2021, 8:24 pm
KevinS wrote: ↑March 14th, 2021, 8:20 pm
Wait... You mean, you don't on a regular basis?
Haha! It would be warmer.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I think that if you did wear a bunny suit you might also have to hop, for maximum verisimilitude, and that would be rather tiring. At least I would find it tiring, but no doubt for those who are accustomed it's quite easy.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

zachh wrote: ↑March 16th, 2021, 5:16 pm I think that if you did wear a bunny suit you might also have to hop, for maximum verisimilitude, and that would be rather tiring. At least I would find it tiring, but no doubt for those who are accustomed it's quite easy.
Okay. Okay. Maybe an e-mail message will work. (Modern times, you know, and all of that.)