The "I obviously didn't know that" thread

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS » January 6th, 2021, 1:03 pm

So, I've been around for a bit---not a long time---but...

Anyway, I didn't realize that one could jump right to 'normalize' in Replay Gain. I thought one had to analyze the recording first and then normalize.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » January 6th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Maybe I should re-name this thread "Slow Learner."

zachh

Post by zachh » January 6th, 2021, 4:37 pm

You're light-years ahead of me. I don't even know what Replay Gain does, though I've seen its name in passing. All I have learned to use so far are Noise Reduction and Amplify.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 6th, 2021, 7:03 pm

zachh wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 4:37 pm
You're light-years ahead of me. I don't even know what Replay Gain does, though I've seen its name in passing. All I have learned to use so far are Noise Reduction and Amplify.
Oh but you recently joined LibriVox, you have an excuse! Here’s me, 2+ years on the forums and, Zach, I don’t know very much more than you :lol: :lol: Only with extensive tutoring by Twinkle88 did I figure out how to layer tracks. I have no idea whatsoever what Replay Gain does. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Rachel
"...to counsel and calm the despairing... and to transform the grief that contemplates the grave by showing it the grief that looks up to the stars...” ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables