3 years on librivox soon, and this year i was disctracted, changed my job again, worked while lockdowns and in between...
i think i will change that to a general programme, change books to sections, too... and add some of the "already done" recordings, single sections count too.
- A Complete Volume of Poetry by a Single Author or A Poetry Anthology – Anything from Mother Goose to the Oxford Book of English Verse done bc project scheerbart katerpoesie
- A Book (or Selection) of Letters on my plans, actually missing
- A Book of Essays goethes essays, eg?
- A Collection of Short Stories bc projects hoffmann
- A Book from Your To-Be-Read Stack i didn't finish wunderwelten, yet. the hoffmanns are partially read, only
- A Book You Have Avoided topic hunting. done several, but a good book: löns mein blaues buch. another topic i avoided may be racism, antisemitism is a nogo for me, but read a fairy tale from the grimm brothers which is. some religious works, maybe too
- A Book in a Genre You Don’t Normally Read war, benno? fascism, mussolini talks? academic poems, long and exhausting.. religious works, too
- An “Out of Your Comfort Zone” Book done! academic poem which had a duration of 40 minutes? in finished version. done another: the same book, it deals with hunting eg. done another: bunte beute by liliencron, one of my first recordings here. one deals with a murder directly after the marriage ceremony, both was done for the money only. shocking mafia story.. one was 20 minutes long.done: solo reading of benno. war topic...
- Reread a Book You Read for Schoolwork done in parts. poems from heym, zweig, eg. panther by rilke in english (never thought there is a translation existing, to be honest)
- Finish a Book You Started but Never Finished on my plan as a next solo
- A “Guilty Pleasure” Book missing, i think. or is wine drinking in southern tyrol with hallucinations...that would be a hoffmann story, bc-project.i set this to done, because i dpled a book in that area thx jan!
- An Ancient Greek or Roman Work – A play, epic, or collection of myths missing
- A 14th, 15th or 16thCentury Book – A book written in, set in, or about done: 2 poems by walther von der vogelweide, sammlung poesie. actually he lived too early: (c.1170 - c.1230)
- A Shakespeare Play missing
- A Victorian Novel will have to look up some recordings, but at least in my plans as a next solo. also please see point you started reading and never finished
- A Contemporary Novel " creates imaginary characters and situations that depict our world and society. It focuses on themes of growing up and confronting personal and social problems. This genre portrays characters coming to understand themselves and others." (quoted from google) benno falls in that area, but also things like fairy tales (anniversary text 14 glücklichen tage). fables by lichtwer, bc project.
- A Book by a Minor Author don't know what that means, but read benno as a solo which was a war-topic, a one book author, both not very known. a psychologic text concerning pacifism. more or less most works and prjects i read?
- A Classic Book by a Female Author classic? violet osborne? lay down your arms, bc project?
- A Lesser-Known Book by a Well-Known Author hauptmann rübezahl falls in that area, but he was the lesser known brother. maybe heym, zweig poems? bc project goethes essays on arts is in that area, too. walther von der vogelweide, 2 poems (sammlung poesie)
- An “Other World” Book wunderwelten
- A Foreign (Non-Western) Book ?what is this?
- Something Russian – A play, short story, novel, or novella missing
- A Travel Book – Anything from Travels with a Donkey to A Walk in the Woods wunderwelten, fontane
- A Regional or Local Book done. article from the official newspaper of my country disctrict (sammlung prosa)
- A Book on Education, Art, or Literature done: several poems psyche by blomberg - deals with frescoes from raffaello
- A Biography or Memoir done: benno is fictional, violet osborne is fictional. real persons biography would be kaspar hauser
- A Book on History does secondary literature about rousseau count?
- A Historical Fiction Novel hm fictional physics, fictional biography, fiction or hope anti war/pacifism texts...no real historic fiction done i think. maybe one of the hoffmann stories falls in that categories...bc projects
- A Classic Detective Novel only covers done...no, it's done: mord im ballsaal
- A Classic Children’s Book as dpl several. and as bc project wunderwelten, which was intended to be some sort of teaching fiction
- A Devotional Work done: samlung prosa, trauerrede für k+k erzherzogin maria theresia; adventskalender, vöglein im walde.
- A Light Comedic Novel – Such as P. G. Wodehouse done: simplicissimus artikel (samlung prosa)
- A Satire done: hobby horse by pinero, dr
- A book in French, Spanish, Dutch or Japanese spanish intros read for some chapters of a adopted project
i'm missing the facts, scientific branches and so on books, i think. and where is a recipe book? where are ghost stories? sci fi, cannibalism or fashion?
manners and rules, where is that asked for?
i didn't want to post this, actually. but maybe it inspires others to appreciate their own works, more. your work is wonderful, thank you!