Prepared to practice some plosives?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Here is a lovely sentence from The History of Sir Richard Calmady, which I have almost finished recording: I won't say how many times I recorded this I only know I started channelling Shhhhean Connelly and his besht Shhhcotisssshhhh accent:)
..."she provoked less the carnal, perishing passion of the flesh, than the pure and imperishable passion of the spirit..".
Anne F
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

anneflebari wrote: December 7th, 2020, 11:23 pm Here is a lovely sentence from The History of Sir Richard Calmady, which I have almost finished recording: I won't say how many times I recorded this I only know I started channelling Shhhhean Connelly and his besht Shhhcotisssshhhh accent:)
..."she provoked less the carnal, perishing passion of the flesh, than the pure and imperishable passion of the spirit..".
Anne F
I'm not sure what you get when you cross Sean Connery with Billy Connolly, but The Hunt For Red October is never going to be the same again. :lol:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Have you tried saying "Connery" after repeating that sentence several times? Feels like you;ve had a few too many wee drams:) AnneF
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

anneflebari wrote: December 8th, 2020, 3:04 am you've had a few too many wee drams:) AnneF
I asked for their best Scotch, and all I got was this twenty-year-old roll of sticky-tape. :roll:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox