Roles for DR Tolkien(when it goes PD)(in 2032?)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Peter Why
Posts: 4768
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » September 23rd, 2020, 3:58 pm

Good choice; Gollum takes over when Frodo fails.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

Bookworm360
Posts: 311
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » September 23rd, 2020, 5:23 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 5:59 am
KevinS wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:55 am
Radagast.
Radagast is an interesting character, but if I'm recalling correctly, he doesn't actually make an appearance in the books. Gandalf speaks of him on one or two occasions, but that's about it. No one else ever meets or interacts with him. In other words, you've just chosen a silent role, my friend.

(On a side note, I'm convinced he's not half as kooky as Peter Jackson made him.)
His only mention is in Beorn’s house, when Gandalf says he’s “not a bad fellow as wizards go.” The whole Radagast/Necromancer thing is hardly mentioned in the book. The movies are great, though.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Major life things happening now, therefore I am unable to do LV much. :( Please be patient with delayed projects.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6737
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 23rd, 2020, 5:35 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:23 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 5:59 am
KevinS wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:55 am
Radagast.
Radagast is an interesting character, but if I'm recalling correctly, he doesn't actually make an appearance in the books. Gandalf speaks of him on one or two occasions, but that's about it. No one else ever meets or interacts with him. In other words, you've just chosen a silent role, my friend.

(On a side note, I'm convinced he's not half as kooky as Peter Jackson made him.)
His only mention is in Beorn’s house, when Gandalf says he’s “not a bad fellow as wizards go.” The whole Radagast/Necromancer thing is hardly mentioned in the book. The movies are great, though.
Gandald also speaks of him in Fellowship, at the Council of Elrond. The appendices may have more info about him and his doings. I'm not sure.

Bookworm360
Posts: 311
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » October 17th, 2020, 3:52 pm

KevinS wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:55 am
Radagast.
Actually, I was reading over The Lord of the Rings (for the fifth time), and Radagast does have a very small speaking role in the Fellowship of the Ring. So he is still an option.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Major life things happening now, therefore I am unable to do LV much. :( Please be patient with delayed projects.

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 17th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 3:52 pm
KevinS wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:55 am
Radagast.
Actually, I was reading over The Lord of the Rings (for the fifth time), and Radagast does have a very small speaking role in the Fellowship of the Ring. So he is still an option.
I'll record it now and have my executor provide it at the appropriate time. I hope you all will still be able to open mp3 files.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

HelenAnnBowling
Posts: 8
Joined: October 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm

Post by HelenAnnBowling » November 3rd, 2020, 12:40 pm

I would definitely go with Gimli. now i know that is strange since i am a 11 year old girl, but i still like gimli best. :roll: my sister says she likes my gimli voice, but i don't know about it myself...

benderca
Posts: 1585
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » November 3rd, 2020, 1:46 pm

HelenAnnBowling wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 12:40 pm
I would definitely go with Gimli. now i know that is strange since i am a 11 year old girl, but i still like gimli best. :roll: my sister says she likes my gimli voice, but i don't know about it myself...
Excellent! I can't wait till we get to act this one out! :lol:

Bookworm360
Posts: 311
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » November 4th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Me neither!(but they had better not renew the copyright.😡)
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Major life things happening now, therefore I am unable to do LV much. :( Please be patient with delayed projects.

benderca
Posts: 1585
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » November 6th, 2020, 5:36 am

Bookworm360 wrote:
November 4th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Me neither!(but they had better not renew the copyright.😡)
Oh, they probably will...

... but I'll record my Gollum part in advance, just in case. :lol:

P.S. On another note, could you please take a look over at The Story Girl, page 23? (Your private messaging is turned off, so I can't contact you).
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=78848&start=330
Thanks,
TJ

Bookworm360
Posts: 311
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » November 10th, 2020, 9:44 am

Yep. Sorry it’s been so long, but I haven’t had any recording time as of late. When I do,the PL fixes will be priority number one. :)
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Major life things happening now, therefore I am unable to do LV much. :( Please be patient with delayed projects.

Post Reply