How to hire a reader for a short narration?[NOT LV]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 7th, 2020, 11:05 pm

(I searched the forum for a while trying to find information on this. If I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know, or simply move it to the proper area? Thanks!)

Hi,

I'm working on a personal project (not in the public domain) and looking for a person to do the narration (under 450 words). Are we allowed to contact readers personally to ask them for a sample reading of the text?

Any specific rules I should know about?

Thank you!

Andre Lefebvre

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » June 7th, 2020, 11:41 pm

I've moved it to off-topic and marked it not LV just so there is no confusion - it will just be between you and anyone who offers. If you want to say a bit more about it just pos in this thread.

Anne

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 12:13 am

Thank you!

I'm working on a cover of a song from the 1970s that is about 10 minutes long, a bit epic, serious story-telling.

I'm looking for a gentle voice, natural (not affected, no posh accent or "acting" too much), a bit lyrical like for poetry, warm and engaging, which draws you in.

My preference would go a voice with a natural accent: native Irish, Australian or New Zealander, but also Native American. It can be both male or female.

I can provide a short audio clip of the original to serve as baseline once I have a short list.

You can reply here or email me at andrelefebvre@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance!

Andre

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 8th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Reminds me of Eloy!

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Interesting, I do hope to give it a bit more prog rock vibe.

I have never heard of them. Triumvirat is the only German prog rock band I know. :)

Any particular Eloy album I should check out?

Thanks!

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » June 8th, 2020, 1:06 pm

creativeforge wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 12:13 am
My preference would go a voice with a natural accent: native Irish, Australian or New Zealander, but also Native American. ...
Andre
Andre, keep in mind that "Native American" probably means something different from "speaking American English as the mother tongue"... You don't mean Cherokee, Apache, Navajo, Sioux, etc., do you? :wink:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm

creativeforge wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:00 pm

I have never heard of them. Triumvirat is the only German prog rock band I know. :)

Thanks!
It brought a particular song to mind from the 1975 album "Power and the Passion", the song "Love Over Six Centuries". It's about 10 minutes long :wink: , talks about journeys and life stories, there's singing, and there's also narration by a male and a female character. The narration starts around 4 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpha83HAlfE
I love the song!

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 1:27 pm

tovarisch wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:06 pm
creativeforge wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 12:13 am
My preference would go a voice with a natural accent: native Irish, Australian or New Zealander, but also Native American. ...
Andre
Andre, keep in mind that "Native American" probably means something different from "speaking American English as the mother tongue"... You don't mean Cherokee, Apache, Navajo, Sioux, etc., do you? :wink:
Ah, yes, good point - speaking English as a second language, but originally Indigenous.

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm
creativeforge wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Thanks!
It brought a particular song to mind from the 1975 album "Power and the Passion", the song "Love Over Six Centuries". It's about 10 minutes long :wink: , talks about journeys and life stories, there's singing, and there's also narration by a male and a female character. The narration starts around 4 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpha83HAlfE
I love the song!
Thanks! Although the video isn't showing to me in Canada, however I found this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68fie7SVDQ

Love what I'm hearing! :)

Thanks!

Andre

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 1:40 pm

creativeforge wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Rapunzelina wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm
I love the song!
Thanks! Although the video isn't showing to me in Canada, however I found this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68fie7SVDQ

Love what I'm hearing! :)

Thanks!

Andre
[/quote]

Oh but this one is something else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXyu8Ximcpw

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 8th, 2020, 1:48 pm

It gives you the chills, doesn't it?!

creativeforge

Post by creativeforge » June 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 1:48 pm
It gives you the chills, doesn't it?!
Yes, in many ways... The song I'm working on is also dramatic but also hopeful.