Thursday Thoughts

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS » April 23rd, 2020, 3:21 pm

I found, finally, one of my older books and saw, again, that the first presumed owner signed and dated the book in a lovely script with a fountain pen. A much later, subsequent owner signed the book, too, and also initialed the last page of text with a date which I can only assume was the day he finished reading. June 22, 1930, the fellow finished reading Stories by English Authors: Ireland. Kinda cool! I like the idea of it, especially seeing that as one gets older, one forgets. (Prepare ye'selves.)

KevinS

Post by KevinS » April 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm

Today is Thursday, right?

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » April 23rd, 2020, 3:50 pm

:lol: Yes, it's Thursday, but I don't at all blame you for forgetting. Routines are thrown out the window for a lot of us right now.

It's always very cool finding notations like that in old books. It's fun to wonder about the people who wrote them.

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » April 24th, 2020, 1:08 am

I've put a bookplate with my name in all my hardback Terry Pratchett books (and quite a few other of my books), with the odd thought that I'll be on the other end of someone wondering about me, too, in long years to come.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger