Get to know you better

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
schrm
Posts: 2962
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » April 1st, 2020, 7:39 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 7:19 am

* Italian or Chinese: you do mean food, i hope?
:shock: I also automatically assumed food. But it could be other things, like cinema, architecture or fashion! :mrgreen:
i am too chatty for this, this is really breaking my privacy needs i think.
yes, I was surprised to see you reply, but don't worry; you are among friends :9:
the more complicated it gets..
i like both, even in music.
but there will always be an asian who is way better than you :-D


thx for consoling me a bit! :-)

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 1st, 2020, 7:45 am

* How old are you: Precambrian
* Favorite color: I wore a pink oxford before it was popular.
* Pets: Charlie, my cat
* Sunrise, Sunset: Yes, I enjoyed 'Fiddler on the Roof' very much.
* Ocean or Mountains: Woods.
* Favorite food: Most anything prohibited to me.
* Favorite pie: Yes
* Steak or Seafood: Largely an ovo-lacto vegetarian now
* Italian or Chinese: Portuguese
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer: No, but if I caught the one who eats from my asparagus patch...
* Rode in an ambulance: No (Crosses himself.)
* Ice skated: Yes. (Shouldn't the question 'Broken bones?' come next?)
* Rode a motorcycle: Yes, but I sold mine in the end and rather reluctantly.
* Stayed in the hospital: I won't go!
* Favorite season: Autumn, tweeds, bonfires, all that.
* Broken Bones: Yes, while wearing a Superman costume. (Wouldn't you like to hear more of that!)
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2843
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » April 1st, 2020, 9:14 am

This looks like fun! I'll play, too!

* How old are you: Just old enough that young people are starting to assume I want the senior discount.
* Favorite color: Just about any shade of blue is nice. Also many shades of green.
* Pets: I've had 4 dogs in my life, mostly one at a time. At the moment, I have a part-time borrowed dog.
* Sunrise, Sunset: Both are nice, though different in mood.
* Ocean or Mountains: Never been to real mountains. But I love my nearby Great Lake, which is like an inland ocean, and wonderful.
* Favorite food: Real pirogis, the way Grandma made them - (farmer's cheese and onion, NO potato!)
* Favorite pie: Apple, pumpkin, cherry, and apple again.
* Steak or Seafood: Seafood.
* Italian or Chinese: Both are nice. Both have noodles, and I like noodles.
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Both at once, swirled together in an Abbott's soft custard cone eaten at the lake shore.
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer: No, but was in the passenger seat when someone else hit one.
* Rode in an ambulance: Once, when I got hit in the face by a line drive at the baseball park.
* Ice skated: Yes, all the time, when I was young. No, not anymore, since my knees are now wonky.
* Rode a motorcycle: No, and never want to.
* Stayed in the hospital: Only briefly in ER - (that darned baseball-to-the-face incident) - but never admitted.
* Favorite season: Fall, of course. Or spring, which is also nice. Or early winter, before we get tired of it.
* Broken Bones: Yes, a slight fracture to the face - (yeah, that baseball incident, sigh).

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 1st, 2020, 10:07 am

commonsparrow3 wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 9:14 am
This looks like fun! I'll play, too!

* How old are you: Just old enough that young people are starting to assume I want the senior discount.
* Favorite color: Just about any shade of blue is nice. Also many shades of green.
* Pets: I've had 4 dogs in my life, mostly one at a time. At the moment, I have a part-time borrowed dog.
* Sunrise, Sunset: Both are nice, though different in mood.
* Ocean or Mountains: Never been to real mountains. But I love my nearby Great Lake, which is like an inland ocean, and wonderful.
* Favorite food: Real pirogis, the way Grandma made them - (farmer's cheese and onion, NO potato!)
* Favorite pie: Apple, pumpkin, cherry, and apple again.
* Steak or Seafood: Seafood.
* Italian or Chinese: Both are nice. Both have noodles, and I like noodles.
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Both at once, swirled together in an Abbott's soft custard cone eaten at the lake shore.
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer: No, but was in the passenger seat when someone else hit one.
* Rode in an ambulance: Once, when I got hit in the face by a line drive at the baseball park.
* Ice skated: Yes, all the time, when I was young. No, not anymore, since my knees are now wonky.
* Rode a motorcycle: No, and never want to.
* Stayed in the hospital: Only briefly in ER - (that darned baseball-to-the-face incident) - but never admitted.
* Favorite season: Fall, of course. Or spring, which is also nice. Or early winter, before we get tired of it.
* Broken Bones: Yes, a slight fracture to the face - (yeah, that baseball incident, sigh).
I think I see a theme here.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2843
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » April 1st, 2020, 10:22 am

KevinS wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 10:07 am
I think I see a theme here.
The theme is "Always keep your eye on the ball when at the ballpark, even if you're not a player!"
KevinS wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 7:45 am
* Broken Bones: Yes, while wearing a Superman costume. (Wouldn't you like to hear more of that!)
It does sound like you have a story there!

msfry
Posts: 7233
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » April 1st, 2020, 1:20 pm

* How old are you: 73 and darn proud of it!!
* Favorite color: bright, bold colors, all of them, especially complementary ones side by side.
* Pets: 2 Papillon dogs, one Agility master (retired) age 12, and another sweetheart, age 7, and another who died last year of old age, and two other deceased canines, one a dingo, another a southern black mouth cur. I have had countless cats since childhood and loved them all.
* Sunrise or Sunset: I sleep through sunrise, but sunsets are sometimes spectacular.
* Ocean or Mountains: both, variety is the spice of life.
* Favorite food: Cajun, like gumbo and etouffe, and jambalya. And everything else.
* Favorite pie: Lemon Meringue
* Steak or Seafood: both, gotta have both
* Italian or Chinese: both, gotta have both
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer: 0
* Rode in an ambulance: No
* Ice skated: Yes, on our senior trip to Washington D.C., waaaay back when. It was terrifying. Now we just avidly watch the Winter Olympic skaters.
* Rode a motorcycle: Yes, as a passenger, often, when in love, younger and an idiot. It's terribly dangerous.
* Stayed in the hospital: Yes, appendicitis at 16, childbirth, and a cat bite that infected my hand.
* Favorite season: spring and fall, don't like winter or summer.
* Broken Bones: No

Can we add questions? More germain to LV friends, I want to know such things as:
occupations
where have you lived
languages spoken, and/or accents
hobbies
favorite actors/tv shows/movies
favorite genres
Last edited by msfry on April 1st, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 1st, 2020, 1:42 pm

I have never lived or even traveled west of Kansas, east of Bavaria (Germany), north of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, or south of São Paulo State (Brasil.) Through books ... I've been everywhere.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » April 1st, 2020, 2:54 pm

KevinS wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 1:42 pm
I have never lived or even traveled west of Kansas, east of Bavaria (Germany), north of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, or south of São Paulo State (Brasil.) Through books ... I've been everywhere.
Only been outside of Australia once (Fiji just before the coup. Please don’t extrapolate from that. :roll: )

But Australia is about 4000km (2500 miles) across from Sydney to Perth, so it’s not like I’ve been cooped up or anything.

Faraway Places: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HgVUr5aIBuA

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1484
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » April 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm

msfry wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 1:20 pm
Can we add questions? More germain to LV friends, I want to know such things as:
occupations
where have you lived
languages spoken, and/or accents
hobbies
favorite actors/tv shows/movies
favorite genres
I put this together for some self-exploration. It tells pretty much everything.

https://mm.tt/1349817405?t=EyA1qupxYO
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

williamjones
Posts: 1245
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » April 1st, 2020, 3:59 pm

* How old are you: 78
* Occupation? Computer guy
* Favorite color: yellow
* Pets: 2 cockatiels
* Sunrise or Sunset: any time it's light enough for tennis
* Ocean or Mountains: Mountains
* Favorite food: There are so many!
* Favorite pie: chocolate cream
* Steak or Seafood: Steak
* Italian or Chinese: Italian
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
* How many tattoos: 0
* Ever hit a deer: 0
* Rode in an ambulance: yes, but the patient wasn't me.
* Ice skated: yes... and you could see the fear in the other people's eyes.
* Rode a motorcycle: yes, In American Samoa
* Stayed in the hospital: yes
* Favorite season: Florida Spring
* Broken Bones: Nope.
* Did you meet your One True Love? Yes, yes, yes!
* Do you have the virus? No.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 2nd, 2020, 7:02 am

Seems I'm in a small LV minority of folks with tats. Judging by our carefully selected sample pool of participants. :wink:

msfry
Posts: 7233
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » April 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am

realisticspeakers wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm
msfry wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 1:20 pm
Can we add questions? More germain to LV friends, I want to know such things as:
occupations
where have you lived
languages spoken, and/or accents
hobbies
favorite actors/tv shows/movies
favorite genres
I put this together for some self-exploration. It tells pretty much everything.

https://mm.tt/1349817405?t=EyA1qupxYO
That's deep, and will take some time to drill down and grok it all. Quarantine is a good time for that! :mrgreen:
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

msfry
Posts: 7233
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » April 2nd, 2020, 7:25 am

mightyfelix wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 7:02 am
Seems I'm in a small LV minority of folks with tats. Judging by our carefully selected sample pool of participants. :wink:
One day I'll get up the courage to ask someone why they have tats, because I don't understand. But not now . . . unless you care to share.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18527
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » April 2nd, 2020, 7:44 am

"As a personal affirmation that I will take my life in my own hands from now on."

Simple, really. :D

Edited to add: If somebody is wearing their tats where you can see them (I mean in a gathering of polite society), they won't mind the question. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1484
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » April 2nd, 2020, 8:47 am

msfry wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
That's deep, and will take some time to drill down and grok it all. Quarantine is a good time for that! :mrgreen:
That's the second time in a month someone has used that verb.

I am open to comments, suggestions, and opinions of any sort, if you're so inclined.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

Post Reply