Coronavirus - Hope Everyone is Okay!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

As an introvert, I am right at home...literally.
Me and my 96 rolls of toilet paper.
I made a little fort.
I got a paper cut.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Finally I understand what people do with all that toilet paper.

Thank you! :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“Fort Two-Ply, we’ve captured an enemy spy outside the gates!”

“Is he bound?”

“Of his health, I know not, sir.”
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

KevinS wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm In my state, they are closing the schools so that children can spend the day with their grandparents. I think it's a clever way of reducing the social security budget.
Of course many grandparents are in the high fatality risk zone, children are the great spreaders of infections. But it sounds a really great idea. NOT

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: March 16th, 2020, 6:43 pm
KevinS wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm In my state, they are closing the schools so that children can spend the day with their grandparents. I think it's a clever way of reducing the social security budget.
Of course many grandparents are in the high fatality risk zone, children are the great spreaders of infections. But it sounds a really great idea. NOT

Anne
Yes, no one said my governor was a wise man. Politic, perhaps, but not wise.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but never all of the people all of the time
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

As for stockpiling toilet rolls - they would make a good soundproof recording booth. And you could convince the rest of the family you were preparing for emergencies. :D

Anne
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: March 16th, 2020, 7:11 pm As for stockpiling toilet rolls - they would make a good soundproof recording booth. And you could convince the rest of the family you were preparing for emergencies. :D

Anne
:lol:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

My mom is drying fresh fruit using a food dehydrator. That way when we run out of fresh fruit (we have a lot of that though too) we'll have some dried. She's done lemons, pineapple and currently apples sprinkled with cinnamon. It smells just like an apple pie baking. :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
realisticspeakers

I got a case of Corona!

I'd invite y'all to drink, but...
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

... but on the serious side....

this is from 2007

https://twitter.com/TheMikePatrick/status/1241296276597157888/photo/1
Disclaimer:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The admin that activates accounts said she activated 50 new accounts yesterday! (The previous Sunday, it was 12.) So we're getting a huge influx of newbies.

Please be patient with them and explain what to do, if you encounter them in your projects. And if you are knowledgeable enough to help with newbie tests, please do so. (And if they show up in your projects and post their test in there, if you are able to check it and help them with it, it's nicer to do it there than make them jump through hoops by posting it also in L&EW.) Let's be as helpful and LibriVoxy as we can. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
linny

Post by linny »

mightyfelix wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:48 pm Introverts love people too. But we get worn out after too much socializing, especially if it's surface level "small talk." We really love sitting down with just one or two people and having a really deep stimulating conversation. But a 30-second talk in an elevator can wipe us out.
Perfect description. :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

I’ve placed orders with a food company that weekly sends you everything you need to cook a number of meals.

I also found out that in the US, Dominos Pizza has implemented a “no contact delivery”.

I should be covered for the duration. Worse case I have to start eating the left over MRE’s from the last hurricane. (Yuck)

Hardest part here is my husband is stuck overseas and won’t be home anytime soon.

Stay in as much as you can. If you have to go out stay as far away from people as you can. Remember it’s not just about your getting sick it’s about passing it to others; strangers and loved ones alike. Stay safe and stay healthy.