Coronavirus - Hope Everyone is Okay!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Hey Librivox.

I just wanted to jump here and say, please stay safe and be careful! Especially to those who is living in a country that has a high risk of getting more infections - Taiwan, Japan, and even my country, South Korea.
I don't know if the situations will become better, but hopefully everyone can win this fight against the virus as soon as possible.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Thanks for posting this! This might be a good time to let your friends who are quarantined know about Librivox. A lot of schools and businesses are closing, so volunteering to record here at Librivox might be a fun way to pass the time!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

stoogeswoman wrote: March 13th, 2020, 1:29 pm Thanks for posting this! This might be a good time to let your friends who are quarantined know about Librivox. A lot of schools and businesses are closing, so volunteering to record here at Librivox might be a fun way to pass the time!
Indeed! I was just thinking how nice it is that I have one thing in my life that I know won't be closing or cancelled. We do all our work remotely already, so we don't need to change a thing! (And if my area starts closing down many more events/businesses/activities, I may even have more time to record. :roll:)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

mightyfelix wrote: March 13th, 2020, 6:33 pm Indeed! I was just thinking how nice it is that I have one thing in my life that I know won't be closing or cancelled. We do all our work remotely already, so we don't need to change a thing! (And if my area starts closing down many more events/businesses/activities, I may even have more time to record. :roll:)
Heh, yes, I know -- I was horrified today to get a notice saying that all the LIBRARIES are closing. Now that's hitting me where it hurts!! :lol:
schrm

Post by schrm »

that is void for parts of europe, too..
my best wishes to everyone and, please, spread the word about librivox
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
kayray

Post by kayray »

I've already activated accounts for several new volunteers who mentioned that they want to do something helpful during their Social Distancing isolation :)

Stay safe, everyone! Wash your hands!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

What do you mean "social distancing isolation"?

The time has come for "How to become an Introvert 101".

I can help with teaching. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hmm. Well, there's "social distancing" where you keep a safe distance from others (they say 2 meters).

Then there's "self isolation" or "voluntary isolation" where you are voluntarily staying at home and away from everyone - no trips to the supermarket, etc., if you need food, friends or family drop it off at your door and don't have contact with you.

At least, that's my understanding. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

TWO meters? :shock:
As much of an introvert as I am, but I prefer the face masks...
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Being such an extrovert, I'll probably end up getting Coronavirus :(

Darn introverts always get the peace they want! :lol:

But at least they know it's not because of a good thing. I hope everyone stays well!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

My understanding of extroverts is that they don't want peace? :P
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Availle wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:27 pm My understanding of extroverts is that they don't want peace? :P
They just really love people. :wink:
I'm somewhere in between introvert and extrovert- I call myself an ambivert.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:26 pm Being such an extrovert, I'll probably end up getting Coronavirus :(
Even if you did, it probably won't be bad. It doesn't have such an impact on young people. You'll be fine. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Introverts love people too. But we get worn out after too much socializing, especially if it's surface level "small talk." We really love sitting down with just one or two people and having a really deep stimulating conversation. But a 30-second talk in an elevator can wipe us out.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

In my state, they are closing the schools so that children can spend the day with their grandparents. I think it's a clever way of reducing the social security budget.