Coronavirus - Hope Everyone is Okay!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:14 am When you posted I had just finished talking with someone whose mother is in an aged care facility and they are all not being allowed visitors The daughter had been visiting every day for years and hasn't been able to since March. Her mother is 96, almost blind and has lost most English she has acquired - she only speaks the Italian dialect of her childhood which even her daughter struggles with. So it is very stressful for them both. And they are not the only ones in the same situation. Many people are suffering from the consequences rather than the disease.

Anne
Sorry to hear this, Anne. I am convinced that this practice of separating family from their elderly parents and other relations shortens the lives of the residents and adds great stress to the nursing and care staff. Surely further options could be explored by and for the care homes.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Yes, too much isolation is hazardous to your health.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
EllaTandilyan

Post by EllaTandilyan »

I have had Covid-19, and also lost friends to the disease.
Ella