[NOT LV] Read for an art project?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ElSimplice

Post by ElSimplice » January 17th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Hi,

A friend and I are currently doing an art project for which we need English speaking voices.

We have previously collaborated with LV users on other projects and had extremely positive outcomes. The last project has been shown at museums, galleries and festivals in Scandinavia, and the current one is set to premiere in Norway next month.

For this project we need a female voice with an American accent.

The text is only 700 words so it shouldn't take a lot of time.

Please comment or PM if you're interested or have any questions.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 18th, 2020, 12:02 pm

I may be interested. You can listen to some of my recordings if you like, here: https://librivox.org/reader/11084

Can you give an idea of what kind of text it is? Poetry/prose? Philosophy? Fiction?

ElSimplice

Post by ElSimplice » January 19th, 2020, 6:02 am

mightyfelix wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 12:02 pm
I may be interested. You can listen to some of my recordings if you like, here: https://librivox.org/reader/11084

Can you give an idea of what kind of text it is? Poetry/prose? Philosophy? Fiction?
It's a satirical text about selfie-taking culture, set in a sort of sci-fi scenario where all selfie sticks in the world have been melted and recast into a new type of device called the someone-elsie stick, which is entirely identical but used to take pictures of others instead of oneself. It should be read rapidly, so it might pose a challenge, but a fun one I hope. I'll PM it to you so you can have a think about it.

I just listened to some of your recordings and I think your voice would work very well with this text, by the way.

mrnmrz72

Post by mrnmrz72 » January 21st, 2020, 2:44 pm

Hi there I can't seem to send you a PM any more, but the recording is done so I need to know how to send it over to you. Can you let me know?
Thanks
Marzia