Christmas dinner

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 23rd, 2019, 10:35 am

I'm really cutting down this year as there will just be three of us.

Menu:

Ham; spiced, chunky applesauce; standard Midwest green bean casserole (It's mandated by law up here.); mashed potatoes (I lost this battle. I wanted yams.); crescent rolls; and ambrosia fluff (or whatever they call it.) Mulled cider for a beverage.

linny

Post by linny » December 23rd, 2019, 10:51 am

We already had our big family gathering. My parents and I will be enjoying the all you can eat Chinese buffet this Christmas. :lol:
My DPL list Bookmarks *Husband arrives home Mar 28. Please be patient if I'm a little slower than normal.
Readers Wanted: Children-Stories of today SOTU - McKinley Arabian Nights 1800's Christian Memoir War/Romance

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 23rd, 2019, 12:11 pm

linny wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:51 am
We already had our big family gathering. My parents and I will be enjoying the all you can eat Chinese buffet this Christmas. :lol:
I bet the restaurant will be crowded. Your family is not unusual in this.

CSCO

Post by CSCO » December 24th, 2019, 9:14 am

Hi,

My supper tonight:

Ramen (also today), four raisin rolls, and a cup of wine (no glass).
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!

linny

Post by linny » December 25th, 2019, 9:04 am

CSCO wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 9:14 am
Hi,

My supper tonight:

Ramen (also today), four raisin rolls, and a cup of wine (no glass).
That sounds yummy. I hope you enjoy!
My DPL list Bookmarks *Husband arrives home Mar 28. Please be patient if I'm a little slower than normal.
Readers Wanted: Children-Stories of today SOTU - McKinley Arabian Nights 1800's Christian Memoir War/Romance

RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh » December 25th, 2019, 9:11 am

My family will be together a few days, so I don’t know when we’re having it. But what I’m looking forward to is the chicken fajitas that are on the menu! Not very traditional, but we all enjoy it a lot.

Another new food for this year (candy?) is Tim Tams. If you haven’t encountered them, Google it! The way we like eating them is called the ‘Tim Tam slam’. Coffee and chocolate- yummy!! 😋
~Rosebud

My DPL List

CSCO

Post by CSCO » December 25th, 2019, 9:34 am

That sounds yummy. I hope you enjoy!

Thank you. This is a national secret: Tenno eats ramen every night.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » December 25th, 2019, 11:22 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 9:11 am
Another new food for this year (candy?) is Tim Tams. If you haven’t encountered them, Google it! The way we like eating them is called the ‘Tim Tam slam’. Coffee and chocolate- yummy!! 😋
Funny thing, I actually recently tried Tim Tams for the first time a few weeks ago! They are delicious! (I didn't have it with coffee though.)

Christmas lunch/dinner for me is chicken tostadas. (It's some of my favorite food!!)
Right now I'm eating pizza flavored Pringles and watching my little brother play video games. Some of my family is coming to hang out later and it'll be fun!

Merry Christmas!
--Rachel--
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters » December 25th, 2019, 11:35 am

Just got the chicken, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie in the oven. Avocado ranch salad will be easy to throw together later. Already indulged in Chai and Biscotti.
:9: It's smelling good in here...
April

...the sound of his coming was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone with his glory. - Ezekiel 43:2

commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 » December 25th, 2019, 6:37 pm

I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack. So we spent the day in the hospital ER, which meant I had a tuna sandwich from the hospital cafeteria for Christmas dinner, while Brian was disappointingly restricted to a cup of ice chips. I have promised him that we are going to have a good pot roast dinner when he gets out of hospital - hopefully before the new year. (Fortunately, his little flirtation with that heart attack was nipped in the bud before it went too far.) Meanwhile, I put the roast in the freezer to await his return.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » December 25th, 2019, 6:47 pm

glad it all turned out OK for you both :D.
Anne

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 25th, 2019, 6:56 pm

commonsparrow3 wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 6:37 pm
I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack. So we spent the day in the hospital ER, which meant I had a tuna sandwich from the hospital cafeteria for Christmas dinner, while Brian was disappointingly restricted to a cup of ice chips. I have promised him that we are going to have a good pot roast dinner when he gets out of hospital - hopefully before the new year. (Fortunately, his little flirtation with that heart attack was nipped in the bud before it went too far.) Meanwhile, I put the roast in the freezer to await his return.
Sounds like Brian is in for observation. I'm sure he's getting good care and I hope you have no further need for worry. You take care of yourself, too.

commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 » December 25th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Thanks, Annise and Kevin. Yes, it all turned out okay luckily, just not exactly the way we had planned to spend Christmas. But it could have been worse, so we are grateful, especially for all those medical folks who work on Christmas.

mhhbook

Post by mhhbook » December 25th, 2019, 9:36 pm

commonsparrow3 wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 6:37 pm
I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack.
So sorry to read this, Maria. Glad he’s getting it taken care of. Christmas Day is one of those days when heart attacks are common. However, it is usually AFTER a person has eaten too much...not before.

A Happy, healthy New Year to both you and Brian. :)
Mary

"Reading is an act of civilization; it’s one of the greatest acts of civilization because it takes the free raw material of the mind and builds castles of possibilities.” Ben Okri

Marsupial's Books

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 26th, 2019, 10:46 am

Glad to hear he's OK, Maria!

We're headed out soon to the family get-together. We'll have turkey and gravy, caesar salad, rolls, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans (not the casserole), carrots, stuffing, (umm...) deviled eggs, and applesauce. That's all I recall for the main meal. Dessert will be homemade lemon meringue (with a sad looking but still tasty crust; don't ask me how I know!) and chocolate lasagna.

Then there will be cheese and crackers, veggie tray, sweets, etc. as snacks beforehand.

There will be 10 adults (age 30 plus); 3 younger adults (19-29), and 5 children (10 and under). I'm in the first category. :lol:
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character