Librivox locations

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

So since we all shared our ages and the reasons behind our usernames I thought it might be fun to share locations.

STATES ONLY PLEASE (OR THE CANADIAN EQUIVALENT) we don’t want to share city’s on the public internet. :wink:
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

I’ ll start us off: Texas
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I mean there is a "location" next to people's username. Some people leave those blank... but it's already there.

Minnesota
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Since I don't believe LV should discriminate - not everyone lives in North America - Victoria.
However - people who want to say where they chose to live can in their profile. And particularly with our younger more chatty members, the less information they give the harder it is to track them down.

Anne
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hampshire. (The original.)

England. (The original.)

Actually, I think that Annise makes a very good point here. It may be slightly off-topic, but I frequent quite a few Doctor Who fan fiction sites.

One time I was contacted by a 16 year old girl with an invitation to 'role play' Doctor Who with her...

I was quite happy to comply - even though I didn't know what it involved - but I explained to her that I was
quite a bit older than she was, and she decided not to pursue the matter.

That was perfectly fine by me - but what if I had been one of these gits that pretend to
be someone else online?

Where's the safety?
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: August 12th, 2019, 5:06 pm Since I don't believe LV should discriminate - not everyone lives in North America - Victoria.
However - people who want to say where they chose to live can in their profile. And particularly with our younger more chatty members, the less information they give the harder it is to track them down.

Anne
Amen. I often joke about this identity problem and I shouldn't as it's a real problem.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

I live in a world of my own.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:41 pm I live in a world of my own.
Man of a thousand posts!
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:42 pm
realisticspeakers wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:41 pm I live in a world of my own.
Man of a thousand posts!
I....have been around the block!
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

realisticspeakers wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:55 pm
KevinS wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:42 pm
Man of a thousand posts!
I....have been around the block!
Not only have I been around the block, I'm coming up to my tenth lap!

So I made this: https://imgur.com/Qa4vckA
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

[quote=realisticspeakers post_id=1626727

Not only have I been around the block, I'm coming up to my tenth lap!

So I made this: https://imgur.com/Qa4vckA
[/quote]Very cool! Nicely done :clap: