Audiobook Narrating

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » May 27th, 2019, 7:25 pm

billbird2111 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 5:52 pm
OMG! Yes, I am very aware of the Indianapolis story. Your friend is very, very, very lucky. Although some did survive that incident, most did not. Those that survived the sinking only to perish from wanton shark attacks, well, I can't imagine what that must have been like. The story of the Indianapolis was, of course, mentioned in the first JAWS movie. The true story of what really happened out there is even worse.

I do consider myself an unofficial student of the war, but I ran across something I did not know during my production research. It is the "Bataan Has Fallen" radio broadcast that took place after American and Philippine servicemen surrendered after three months of fighting to superior Japanese forces. The surrender is still the largest in United States military history. It also marked the official start of the Bataan Death March. The Bataan Has Fallen Broadcast took place inside the Malinta Tunnel on the island fortress of Corregidore. It fell roughly two weeks after Bataan. The broadcast is very symbolic and very famous in the Philippines. High schools across the country routinely have students re-enact the reading of the famous radio broadcast. I'm very surprised it wasn't well known here, given the level of American involvement in the Philippine Islands and the sacrifices many ordinary Philippine citizens made on behalf of American forces.

As soon as I discovered the symbolism behind the message, I knew it had to be part of the audio book. The author firmly agreed with me. He had been unaware of it as well. Unfortunately, although audio copies of the original broadcast do exist, none are in very good shape. I tried to clean it up the best I could with a digital editor, but without a clean copy to start with, it's rough. So, I recreated it. I stuck to the script, the timing and the graveness of the message. I actually included "static" in the background to make it as real as possible. I am using this, by the way, to market the book with English language newspapers in the Philippines. Although Tagalog remains the official language of The Philippines, most of them speak English as well.

Again, I have promo codes for anyone who wants a free copy of the audio book.
Hey I would love a promo code! I’ll make sure to review the book as well
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

billbird2111

Post by billbird2111 » June 10th, 2019, 3:10 pm

Just sent you a PM with your code and a link. Thanks!

billbird2111

Post by billbird2111 » June 10th, 2019, 3:10 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 7:25 pm
billbird2111 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 5:52 pm
OMG! Yes, I am very aware of the Indianapolis story. Your friend is very, very, very lucky. Although some did survive that incident, most did not. Those that survived the sinking only to perish from wanton shark attacks, well, I can't imagine what that must have been like. The story of the Indianapolis was, of course, mentioned in the first JAWS movie. The true story of what really happened out there is even worse.

I do consider myself an unofficial student of the war, but I ran across something I did not know during my production research. It is the "Bataan Has Fallen" radio broadcast that took place after American and Philippine servicemen surrendered after three months of fighting to superior Japanese forces. The surrender is still the largest in United States military history. It also marked the official start of the Bataan Death March. The Bataan Has Fallen Broadcast took place inside the Malinta Tunnel on the island fortress of Corregidore. It fell roughly two weeks after Bataan. The broadcast is very symbolic and very famous in the Philippines. High schools across the country routinely have students re-enact the reading of the famous radio broadcast. I'm very surprised it wasn't well known here, given the level of American involvement in the Philippine Islands and the sacrifices many ordinary Philippine citizens made on behalf of American forces.

As soon as I discovered the symbolism behind the message, I knew it had to be part of the audio book. The author firmly agreed with me. He had been unaware of it as well. Unfortunately, although audio copies of the original broadcast do exist, none are in very good shape. I tried to clean it up the best I could with a digital editor, but without a clean copy to start with, it's rough. So, I recreated it. I stuck to the script, the timing and the graveness of the message. I actually included "static" in the background to make it as real as possible. I am using this, by the way, to market the book with English language newspapers in the Philippines. Although Tagalog remains the official language of The Philippines, most of them speak English as well.

Again, I have promo codes for anyone who wants a free copy of the audio book.
Hey I would love a promo code! I’ll make sure to review the book as well
Just sent you a PM with the information you need. Thanks!

hale67

Post by hale67 » June 15th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Congratulations Bill. Just wish I would have gotten my auditions in on time as my voice would have been in there too ! Good luck. Barbara