Don't you love....

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » May 15th, 2020, 7:00 am

philchenevert wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 4:41 pm
I love when a brand new LV person struggles through their 1 minute test with me and after multiple tries, finally gets that OK to jump in and record. A very nice feeling for me and I presume for them. I also love when a new person tries their first recording in one of my projects and also finally gets the PL OK. I know they feel a thrill and it's nice to be a part of that. My imagination pictures them looking eagerly through Readers Wanted with their self confidence going up all the time. Image Yea, that's nice.
:9: :9: :9:

maxgal

Post by maxgal » May 21st, 2020, 8:06 am

philchenevert wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 4:41 pm
I also love when a new person tries their first recording in one of my projects and also finally gets the PL OK. I know they feel a thrill and it's nice to be a part of that. My imagination pictures them looking eagerly through Readers Wanted with their self confidence going up all the time. Image Yea, that's nice.
YES!!!
Gavenport as DPL did this with me for my first recording nearly a year ago, "The Transfer" in GhoHor 034.
We went back & forth several times, and I'm sure there were a few :roll: on his end...
As I said to him when it finally was PL OK:

Unbelievable!
I was ready to give up so many times.
Take it from a truly technophobic Luddite: You have NO IDEA how gratifying this is.
Thanks for all your help and patience.

Every aspect of LV -- hardware, software, tutorials, forum navigation, uploading, techno-jargon, etc etc etc -- was a nearly vertical learning curve.
But "nevertheless, she persisted" ... with the invaluable help and encouragement of a great many generous LVers.
I'm still a technophobic Luddite, but I'm a bit better at wrangling the logistics by now.

...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » May 23rd, 2020, 9:38 am

When you have a new recording setup and decide to test it, and you realize that you've checked so many one-minute tests that you can rattle off the Peter Piper test script without even thinking! :lol: