Don't you love....

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
schrm

Post by schrm »

i was todays years old, as i learned about a browser feature.
this is unbelievable, hillarious, wonderful...
what she will tell you,will change your life!
JayKitty76 wrote: November 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm ...when, on a PC, you literally just discover the "duplicate tab" feature by right-clicking on your current tab?? it's taken me about two years to discover this! I guess it could be in the "Don't you love..." thread too but I'm just annoyed that I haven't figured this out earlier. Now I don't have to completely renavigate to get to the same place in the forum on a different tab (like if I want one tab for posting links, and the other one to get into the project's MW...)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When you finally sit down to record for a project you've been pushing to the back burner.... And it all goes so smoothly, and you feel so "on," and you're so in the zone, that you're able to finish all of the recording you needed to do for it, and feel like you did a good job, to boot, and now you can submit it and mark it off your list, and it's just.... ahhhhhhhhh :9:
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Totally agree mightyfelix! And don't you love...When you feel a big sneeze coming and you finish your recording before it comes out? It's strangely satisfactory. :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

A positive take on the "Don't you hate..." comment I posted recently:

Don't you love that feeling when you're launching a group project for a book you really loved (all the way to the end!), and you're excited about getting readers on board and eventually making the book available to listeners who you hope will enjoy it as much as you did?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This was too good not to share. First, some back story.

Someone in one of my facebook groups was asking for advice on how to teach a certain classic children's book (and how to teach teachers to teach it). Several people responding suggested reading aloud and using audio books, and some also recommended LV. One person, who had used our recordings in the classroom, had this to say:
Funny thing--- at the beginning of every Librivox chapter the narrator will say "This is a librivox recording, all librivox recordings are in the public domain, etc.." and apparently when they kids would do their seciton of readings to each other they would quote that part too! I love little people so much!
:lol: :lol:
8-)
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

That's so cute! I'm glad the recordings are seeing use in schools.

I remember one time there was a discussion on Reddit of Librivox and there were obviously people who frequently listen, because a series of comments rattled off the disclaimer, one phrase at a time.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When LibriVox comes up in another group of book nerds and someone mentions that they used to volunteer at LV years ago, so you look them up in the catalogue and realize that you're listening to one of their projects right now! :9:
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

...when you finally get your tax return done so you can go back to focusing on your solo project (and the million other things on your to-do list)?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
gagiha

Post by gagiha »

I love reading and improving my reading skills
Gvbriel

Post by Gvbriel »

I love reading, it calms me
Gvbriel

Post by Gvbriel »

I also love the service this does by allowing people to have free books
Gvbriel

Post by Gvbriel »

This is an amazing chat
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I love when you casually mention to a coworker (or anyone, really) that you record audiobooks as a hobby and they actually are interested and want to go and check out your work! I had a conversation with a coworker of mine on Friday when this happened, and I gave her the link to my reader page. As soon as she saw me this morning, she said, "Devorah! You've been in my ear all weekend!" She then told me what book she's listening to (Donal Grant, one of my all-time favorites) and how much she's enjoying it, and we had a great conversation about the book and the author. :9: Made my day.
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Is very nice to reach the level of computer literacy so I can download whole channels with one command and then browse without commercials as a trivial matter, nice.

When I finally learn to download huge portions of websites using commands that were already on the machine, from day one. Now I can get all the Documentation for things into my computer and browse offline at leisure.

I love to browse things offline. It's very cool. less stress about companies watching your every single click. zero commercials.