Don't you love....

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

We already have a "don't you hate..." topic, but there are things that happen here all the time that make us all super happy! So this is for those moments! :D

I'll start! I love it when there are no topics in the Launch Pad! Of course, we don't want this state to continue for very long, but for that brief period of time, it's kind of cool to think that everyone is happily working away, not sitting and waiting on an MW. (They may be waiting on other things..... Like my PL, for instance..... :oops:)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

This is a pretty popular one, I'm sure, but...

...when the section you've had to do PL notes on like 3 times is finally PL OK?

…when a project that's lagged a LONG time is finally cataloged?
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 1:41 pm ...when the section you've had to do PL notes on like 3 times is finally PL OK?
Mine's kind of similar, but when I'm PLing a section that a newbie recorded and it takes some time and I keep giving notes, that final OK is so much fun to give!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 1:41 pm …when a project that's lagged a LONG time is finally cataloged?

I have one in this category! I am cataloging a project today that has been around for 8 years, been abandoned by 2 soloists, and I am the third MC to take this one on! It's now a pride issue, I will catalog it even if it kills everyone involved! :lol:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
lymiewithpurpose

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm I have one in this category! I am cataloging a project today that has been around for 8 years, been abandoned by 2 soloists, and I am the third MC to take this one on! It's now a pride issue, I will catalog it even if it kills everyone involved!
Wow! That poor project! Hey, it's almost done. Let's hope that at least 75% of the people involved stay alive :wink:
Campbell
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm I will catalog it even if it kills everyone involved! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I am sure that you will conquer any, and I mean ANY project, but... (... me going to see which project it is in order to keep at a safe distance just in case it explodes or something...) :lol:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, I am hoping that it does NOT explode. And, Kristine, you know the issue that you PM'ed me about yesterday, those stray files, it happened on this project! Of course! Deriving again, as we speak!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 1:41 pm …when a project that's lagged a LONG time is finally cataloged?

I have one in this category! I am cataloging a project today that has been around for 8 years, been abandoned by 2 soloists, and I am the third MC to take this one on! It's now a pride issue, I will catalog it even if it kills everyone involved! :lol:
Goodness gracious! That surpassed anything I was thinking when I wrote mine! I was thinking maybe 2 years max...and that was a HUGE timespan for me! That's crazy! Now you simply gotta catalog it... :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Wow, actually, the New Projects Launch Pad has been empty for at least 2 days now (counting today.) I'm sure someone will come along and fill it back up, though... :wink:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 3:24 pm Wow, actually, the New Projects Launch Pad has been empty for at least 2 days now (counting today.) I'm sure someone will come along and fill it back up, though... :wink:

I noticed that a few days ago and was wondering if the world was ending soon! The Launch Pad always has new projects waiting to be picked up. It just means that everyone is working hard to get the lingering projects done. But, just wait until April 1, we will get a flood of new projects!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
lymiewithpurpose

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 4:05 pm I noticed that a few days ago and was wondering if the world was ending soon! The Launch Pad always has new projects waiting to be picked up. It just means that everyone is working hard to get the lingering projects done. But, just wait until April 1, we will get a flood of new projects!
Seriously! I wanted to BC another project, but I think I'm going to have to wait until everything dies down again :lol:
Campbell
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm I am cataloging a project today that has been around for 8 years
You realise now that you've made NASA's New Horizons spacecraft feel bad. After all, it took 9 whole years to go from Earth to Pluto.

It's embarrassing for a space probe that it can't leave the Solar System in less than the time it takes to complete an LV project. :lol:

Now I'd better get back to my outstanding Australian Explorers project before the Mars 2020 probe starts trash-talking me. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 4:16 pm
icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm I am cataloging a project today that has been around for 8 years
You realise now that you've made NASA's New Horizons spacecraft feel bad. After all, it took 9 whole years to go from Earth to Pluto.

It's embarrassing for a space probe that it can't leave the Solar System in less than the time it takes to complete an LV project. :lol:

Now I'd better get back to my outstanding Australian Explorers project before the Mars 2020 probe starts trash-talking me. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris

Only nine years to get to Pluto? I thought it take longer than that! Now I can plan my trip accordingly! :lol:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 4:05 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 3:24 pm Wow, actually, the New Projects Launch Pad has been empty for at least 2 days now (counting today.) I'm sure someone will come along and fill it back up, though... :wink:

I noticed that a few days ago and was wondering if the world was ending soon! The Launch Pad always has new projects waiting to be picked up. It just means that everyone is working hard to get the lingering projects done. But, just wait until April 1, we will get a flood of new projects!
I remember one time I came online, and the New Projects Launch Pad had 2 pages it was so full of projects! I never thought is would empty again :lol: <laughing> Then later, when I saw the last post was by Cori in 2008, I thought the forum crashed or something :lol: <laughing>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

icequeen wrote: ↑March 21st, 2019, 4:05 pm

Yes, you can say that again! Even Elijah and I have a project all ready to be put out in the Launch Pad on April 1...(Info in signature.) :wink: