Have You Seen This Cookie Trick?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Did anyone else not know about the amazing thing you can do with cookies and milk??? For years I've been dunking cookies in milk, and thought it was pretty great -- but it's not anywhere NEAR as great as using the cookies like a straw and drinking milk THROUGH them!! You bite off two ends, and it's gotta have some kind of chocolate coating, like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I believe you're onto something here... Folks everywhere start to talk banning plastic straws in restaurants and fast food places. A cookie-based sipping appliance just begs to be the replacement, don't it? :D
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Aww it's a bummer I have so many food allergies, otherwise I'd have to give it a shot.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When I saw this subject line, I thought it was talking about the kind of cookies that your web browser uses, and I was going to come make a joke about chocolate chip or some such. Now I realize you're actually talking about cookies, and I'm all out of ideas. Except of course for the classic line.....

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

In Australia, this is called a "Tim-Tam slam". (It's on Youtube under this name.)

A Tim-Tam is a rectangular chocolate coated biscuit, and the idea is that you bite off the diagonally opposite corners and then use it as a straw to drink HOT coffee through! If you do it exactly right, it is delicious! :9: If you do it too slowly, the heat of the coffee melts the chocolate and the whole thing falls into your cup and makes an almighty mess... :mrgreen:

This is what Australians call an "art form".
ej400

Post by ej400 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 6th, 2019, 12:00 am When I saw this subject line, I thought it was talking about the kind of cookies that your web browser uses, and I was going to come make a joke about chocolate chip or some such. Now I realize you're actually talking about cookies, and I'm all out of ideas. Except of course for the classic line.....

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"
When I saw the subject line, I thought it was going to be the same thing, or a new way to bake cookies to a certain perfection. It almost sounds gross sucking on a cookie though.
tovarisch wrote: March 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm I believe you're onto something here... Folks everywhere start to talk banning plastic straws in restaurants and fast food places. A cookie-based sipping appliance just begs to be the replacement, don't it? :D
That's also kind of gross :lol: <laughing> . So the person who orders a Sprite first, is going to be inspired to create Cookie Sprite! Root beer, or Coke might not be that bad with cookies though, but a lemon lime cookie? :hmm:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have actually had coffee based drinks through a cookie straw, like a hollow wafer tube with chocolate coating the inside. It was delicious!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think you can still get straws here that are flavoured so your milk drink tastes like strawberry milk or chocolate milk - they were paper though so hot drinks wouldn't work.

Anne
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Wow, that's so cool!
mightyfelix wrote: March 6th, 2019, 12:00 am When I saw this subject line, I thought it was talking about the kind of cookies that your web browser uses...
Yeah me too!
I've never heard of a cookie straw before.

Although, I've seen someone actually bake a cookie cup (that works, and doesn't leak...for the most part...), and you fill it up with milk! It looks cool...'till you try to bite into it- predictably, the milk spills everywhere if you're not super-careful! Only a cookie-connoisseur could manage it...haha. :wink:

Yes, I've seen those specific straws sold at stores, Anne. I've tried them actually- they are very good! :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Haha! Yep, Beth's got it -- a "Tim-Tam Slam"! It's basically the same thing as that.

It sounds ridiculous, but I tried it and it's pretty pleasing! :wink: If you like your cookies a little softened with milk, that is. I will never go back to "dunking." :lol: