The Most Notifications?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

What is the biggest number of notifications you guys have ever gotten when you logged on? For me, so far it's been today...I was online yesterday, and then when I came back today I had 14 notifications and 2 private messages. How about you?
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

One morning I woke up with 18...
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑February 27th, 2019, 4:05 pm One morning I woke up with 18...
It's called a birthday. :?: :hmm:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
lymiewithpurpose

Availle wrote: ↑February 27th, 2019, 4:30 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑February 27th, 2019, 4:05 pm One morning I woke up with 18...
It's called a birthday. :?: :hmm:
Ha ha ha :lol:. It was only because I went through newbie test recordings the night before. I also am DPLing waaaaaaaaay too many projects :shock:.
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Today I got 19 notifications and 2 PMs...and just think, I was offline only a day!
lymiewithpurpose

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 12:19 pm Today I got 19 notifications and 2 PMs...and just think, I was offline only a day!
Congrats! That's a lot!
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I had 9 today (librivox must be really alive today or something :lol: <laughing>), but for only for 7 different places.
lymiewithpurpose

Let's see, I think I had 10 when I logged in this morning. I usually have an average of 8-12. I don't know really. If I help newbies with test recordings it's often more, if I'm not doing much it can be less :D
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yes, I think LV is pretty alive today! Usually my average is around 8 or 9 a day. (Mostly it's for a few main topics, but I'm subscribed to a ton of different topics so I get a lot on random days.) But yeah, I came on here today and I was shocked- 19 notifications and 2 PMs! That's the most I've ever gotten. It's probably because I'm so involved around here (I took on a ton of projects, I'll try to limit it next time). That reminds me...there are a couple threads I no longer need to be involved in. I should probably unsubscribe from those. :wink:
lymiewithpurpose

Ha ha true. I also am involved in waaaay too many projects, should probably stop :lol:. Can't help myself though. But 19 is a lot! It's funny, I rarely use the PM system.
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 1:56 pm Yes, I think LV is pretty alive today! Usually my average is around 8 or 9 a day. (Mostly it's for a few main topics, but I'm subscribed to a ton of different topics so I get a lot on random days.) But yeah, I came on here today and I was shocked- 19 notifications and 2 PMs! That's the most I've ever gotten. It's probably because I'm so involved around here (I took on a ton of projects, I'll try to limit it next time). That reminds me...there are a couple threads I no longer need to be involved in. I should probably unsubscribe from those. :wink:
But, but, what if someone said something? That's why I'm glad quoting gives someone a notification.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 1:54 pm Let's see, I think I had 10 when I logged in this morning. I usually have an average of 8-12. I don't know really. If I help newbies with test recordings it's often more, if I'm not doing much it can be less :D
Same! I helped newbies with test recordings a while back, so I did get a lot of notifications, but I've just gotten so busy with other projects I haven't found time. But I've heard that the amounts of people welcoming new volunteers/test recording checking are down right now, so I will probably get back into that once my LV schedule calms down. I think once a few of the projects I'm working on are catalogued, I'll have a lot more 'free time' to put into other projects. Right now I'm BCing two Group projects and doing a Solo, and also being super involved in 2 projects in Off-Topic. Not to mention several other smaller involvements here. :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 1:57 pm Ha ha true. I also am involved in waaaay too many projects, should probably stop :lol:. Can't help myself though. But 19 is a lot! It's funny, I rarely use the PM system.
I didn't use it as much at first, but now I find it's a really good way to communicate with other volunteers about stuff going on with their projects, etc. It's a good way for admins to communicate with you, too.
lymiewithpurpose

He he. Lol I'm also BCing two projects, DPLing 7, reading in multiple stuff, off topic stuff, welcoming newbies, and helping with tests. It's a ton! I don't know how I have time for it! You do a lot too, this is addicting!
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 1:58 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 1st, 2019, 1:56 pm Yes, I think LV is pretty alive today! Usually my average is around 8 or 9 a day. (Mostly it's for a few main topics, but I'm subscribed to a ton of different topics so I get a lot on random days.) But yeah, I came on here today and I was shocked- 19 notifications and 2 PMs! That's the most I've ever gotten. It's probably because I'm so involved around here (I took on a ton of projects, I'll try to limit it next time). That reminds me...there are a couple threads I no longer need to be involved in. I should probably unsubscribe from those. :wink:
But, but, what if someone said something? That's why I'm glad quoting gives someone a notification.
I only unsubscribe if I'm positive I don't need to check it anymore. (Example: if I was DPLing a project and I had to step away from the job, I'm pretty sure I don't need to check up on it anymore. True story! But I'm unfortunately still subscribed to the thread, so I'm getting PL notes for other people, that's irrelevant to me. I need to unsubscribe from that <laugh>)