Did anyone know...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm

This is a thread for the hidden features and things of the Forum and catalog! Reply here if you have any more fun facts you've figured out!

Disclaimer: I don't know how many of these you know, but these below are some pretty cool things about the forum!

...that if you are a hidden user, your name will appear in italics on your account, when you look at Who Is Online.

...that there is a banner that says "Online" that appears on the side of any user's post, if they are currently online.

...that if you edit a post within 1 minute, it seems like it won't say "last edited by..."

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 7th, 2019, 4:44 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm
that if you edit a post within 1 minute, it seems like it won't say "last edited by..."
interesting! I thought that it was if nobody had seen it yet. Maybe it's the time thing though, I really don't know! And he he I'm a hidden user, but somewhere it said that admins can see your status even if you're hidden. So I'm kind of confused about that, but I don't know. The forum has many cool and unknown feature.
Campbell

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 8th, 2019, 4:22 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 4:44 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm
that if you edit a post within 1 minute, it seems like it won't say "last edited by..."
interesting! I thought that it was if nobody had seen it yet. Maybe it's the time thing though, I really don't know! And he he I'm a hidden user, but somewhere it said that admins can see your status even if you're hidden. So I'm kind of confused about that, but I don't know. The forum has many cool and unknown feature.
I'm pretty sure admins can always see your status, sorry I didn't clarify. But the rest of the volunteers can't.

ej400

Post by ej400 » February 12th, 2019, 10:14 am

Something I think is interesting, is when I go to the Who is Online thingy, sometimes it will say "so and so is: posting message in readers wanted: books"... but sometimes it says "so and so is: replying to message in readers wanted: books".

It does that with both members and admins. I know that members can't make posts in readers wanted books, so I don't know why it says that. It also does this in other forum locations as well, where I know nobody would be posting a message and could only reply. Also, if you click on show guests, it says that some guests are replying and posting messages in places and I know that they can't either. If you are a guest and try to make a post, it will tell you to log in, but I don't know why a guest would stare at that message for 4 minutes.

:hmm:
I am in need of a DPL for my solo of the 1st volume of 12, of the works of Edmund Burke: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73740

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 12th, 2019, 10:17 am

ej400 wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 10:14 am
Something I think is interesting, is when I go to the Who is Online thingy, sometimes it will say "so and so is: posting message in readers wanted: books"... but sometimes it says "so and so is: replying to message in readers wanted: books".
My only guess is maybe replying would mean they're quoting somebody else's post in their own, so it is like a reply, while posting would be without any quotes? I really don't know. And I don't know about the guests either... this forum is strange :lol:
Campbell

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 12th, 2019, 12:56 pm

My experience is that when it is saying 'Replying...' Someone is replying to an existing thread. 'Posting' is making a new topic...at least, that's what it seems like. For the guest thingy, the 4-Minute issue is because it was last updated 4 minutes ago. So for all the site knows the guest could be offline already...
That's just my experience.

ej400

Post by ej400 » February 12th, 2019, 1:12 pm

But what about posting in a forum where you can't create a new topic, like in readers wanted: books? Sometimes it says someone (and not an admin), is posting a new topic. That's what I don't get. It's weird :lol:
I am in need of a DPL for my solo of the 1st volume of 12, of the works of Edmund Burke: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73740

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 12th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Yeah, that is weird. I don't know :?