Experiment: Collaborative Letter-Story Game

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:44 pm I wouldn't want to change anything too drastic. My suggestion would be that we keep the Timothy/Henry lookalike thing. Maybe make Henry a half-brother, the illegitimate child of their father, maybe, and get rid of the stepfather reference in letter 12. If Henry is a little bit older than the girls, that could be a reason why Patricia had met him before, but Angela had not. Maybe he left home when she was still very young or something.

I'd like to get consensus on this before we actually change it though. If everyone is agreed with this scheme, please post saying so, or if you have an alternate suggestion that would work too.
Right. I'm agreed. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I think that would work!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Letter 27 is up! Sorry I took so long, I was switching between writing the letter and replying to another thread :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Happy to agree with the majority plan!
lymiewithpurpose

Just read the latest letters! They looked awesome! I don't think I will write any more until my brain function gets better, but I am enjoying them immensely!
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The time has come at last, I think... Letter 28 is ready.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I also added a link to Angela's family tree in the first post.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Aha! So that resolves some of the issues, but not Timothy/Henry, John Armstrong, Marillin, William Harrison or Kitty.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh yes, the story is far from over. :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:49 am The time has come at last, I think... Letter 28 is ready.
*Gasp!* Noo….

But anyway, I knew it was coming, and it had to come sometime....so this was a good place to do it. :) Mixed emotions right now...things that Mrs. Armstrong may have never gotten the chance to say...things some of the characters might have wished to write before she passed...things resolved...

I'll see what I can do about the next letter. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hey Maria,

Are you OK with the suggested Timothy/Henry change?

Thanks,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I think a letter from John Armstrong to Marillin explaining his circumstances is required, and probably one from Timothy/Henry to John as well, will be needed to round out their storylines. I'm at work today, but if I have time tonight I'll get to at least one of these!

Unless Marillin hears first from Uncle William and decides what she really wants! That's a fun idea...
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 6:31 pmAre you OK with the suggested Timothy/Henry change?
Oh, yes, I'm fine with any changes the original letter writers wish to make! I didn't realize you were waiting for an OK from me, since I hadn't written any of the letters about these characters. Sorry for delaying things. :oops:

I just read the latest letter -- ooh! -- and now, here we go on new plot adventures! I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to Mrs Armstrong's death, and what happens with all the conflicting wills, and where Angela decides to go next!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

commonsparrow3 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:02 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 6:31 pmAre you OK with the suggested Timothy/Henry change?
Oh, yes, I'm fine with any changes the original letter writers wish to make! I didn't realize you were waiting for an OK from me, since I hadn't written any of the letters about these characters. Sorry for delaying things. :oops:
No, you're fine. I actually meant to make this change yesterday, since we'd heard from a majority already. But then I got so focused on my letter and the other family tree I wanted to build.

I added one more participant yesterday who asked to join through PM, but hasn't checked in on the thread yet, so maybe we'll get a contribution from him soon! :D
lymiewithpurpose

mightyfelix wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:10 pm
commonsparrow3 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:02 pm
No, you're fine. I actually meant to make this change yesterday, since we'd heard from a majority already. But then I got so focused on my letter and the other family tree I wanted to build.

I added one more participant yesterday who asked to join through PM, but hasn't checked in on the thread yet, so maybe we'll get a contribution from him soon! :D
Awesome! We need more people to help figure this out :lol:
Campbell