Experiment: Collaborative Letter-Story Game

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Ooh I can’t wait to read it! Sorry about that, somehow in my reading I didn’t catch that Pamela and Angela were sisters. Well now I know!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, I'm starting to get a bit confused too - maybe we need a family tree! Relative ages would also be helpful!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, that's why I was thinking of writing out a summary of each character. I haven't had the chance yet. I don't mind telling you, though, I'm even more confused about Timothy now than I was before! :lol: :?: :?

In any case, I've been working on a reply from Rebecca to Aunt Laura, and it's ready now. We learn a bit more about the relationship between the two families and why Angela is in the house.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I also keep wondering whether we should put poor Mrs. Armstrong out of her misery, or if she should make a miraculous recovery. I just don't have the heart to write her death yet...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:25 pm I also keep wondering whether we should put poor Mrs. Armstrong out of her misery, or if she should make a miraculous recovery. I just don't have the heart to write her death yet...
Ack! Don't kill her off yet! Rebecca is just about to find the "fake" will that Timothy/Henry put in place of the real will! I haven't decided if she will amend this one, or realise that it is fake as her aunt Laura told her what to look out for! Will there be a second fake will? You know what they say: where there's a will, there's a relative!

I was just wondering if we should put some dates on the letters, so we know how close they are to each other? Doesn't need to have a year, just "Jan 27" etc...
lymiewithpurpose

I was thinking the same thing about the dates. It gives a better time frame. And yes I am thouroughly confused as well :lol:
Campbell
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Maybe if Devorah could start with Letter 1, and go back and stick a date on it - make it sometime January/February so we can make longer gaps if we need to - then everyone can go through and add dates to their own letters.
lymiewithpurpose

Sounds good (if people want to do it). Can’t really tell how fast things are happening now.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Ooh I read both of your letters, things are really shaping up! This Timothy/Henry double though, wouldn’t be surprised if they were long lost twins <laugh>. I hope to get another one written tomorrow if I get around to it.
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Great!
Only thing is, if Timothy/Henry were long lost twins, that would mean Timothy was related to Angela therefore making romance impossible...
I thought out pretty much everything last night, while unable to sleep from thinking and thinking about the story <laugh> I think dates are a good idea, though.
(Timothy's finally come clean! I sort of want to kill off Mrs. Armstrong, but I get Beth's point...maybe let's keep her on a little longer. :lol: I'll check out the next letter, though. And, oh, I made a huge map of the characters introduced so far and their relationships so far so you guys don't have to make on! I worked on it for maybe an hour and a half last night...yup, I'm really obsessed with this story!!! Anyway, I'll take some pictures and post them here so you guys can see it. But anyone know how to post pictures in this thread? :) )

I think dates are a good idea. I'll see if I have an idea for another letter...I'll think really hard :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Angela's married? With a son? I was NOT expecting that! :lol: :lol: That was actually really clever...maybe she wasn't eligible enough anyway for Timothy, since she does seem to be of a slightly higher class than he...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Aggh! Probably not going to get to this anytime soon, I'll get there as soon as I can though. This story is crazy!
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

You can say that again! Currently writing letter 14...but I almost don't know where to go with the story, it's so unexpected and full of the most conspiracy plots I've ever seen in a single story!! :lol: :shock:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Phew! Letter 14 is up...I realized that Mr. Armstrong hadn't sent a letter in a while, so I decided to make one.
Hope you enjoy! Image

Best,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hey everyone! Here's my character web sheet I made yesterday. (A little fiddling with the tools in the Post Reply section does a lot for ya! <laughing>) I may need to update it since I made it last night and there've been a few more characters added. I'll repost here when I update it as the story goes on. It's color-coded, and the few colored lines without any words indicate an unknown relationship to the other person. Sorry the words are so small, but I'm pretty sure you could always download it on your computer if you needed to enlarge.
Enjoy!

Best,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~