Read Aloud Together

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Rob19

Post by Rob19 »

I wondered if anyone would be interested in giving Read with Audrey a try?

Please allow me to explain…

Audrey matches readers with listeners to read thoughtfully chosen books aloud together online, sparking interesting conversations and creating meaningful relationships. Reading aloud together is a relaxing, soulful, shared experience where people quickly develop a sense of connectedness with others. All around the world, every week, there are people in our community reading aloud to each other. We take care when pairing reading partners together. Here are some examples:

A musician and a school teacher read Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
A doctor and a retired counsellor read The Invisible Man, by H G Wells
An engineer and a history student read A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens
A playwright and a retired nurse read Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur C Doyle
A film maker and a furniture restorer read short stories, by Anton Checkov

Audrey encourages people from all walks of life to share read aloud experiences and engage in meaningful conversations together. Reading aloud together moves us to talk about our own stories and emotions that have shaped who we are. By lifting the veil between strangers and understanding each other’s stories, we’re reminded how much we have in common. Audrey is all about connecting and empowering people, building bridges, improving wellbeing and combating disconnection.

Here’s what some of community have been saying…. "We find that there's so much to talk about!" - Cristina, Sao Paulo. "I can be honest and don't feel like I need to impress anyone." - Shreya, Bangalore. "You can look at the book from a completely different perspective." - Matt, London. "We’ve bonded in a very strong way. We’ve kept in touch." - Maria, Mexico City. “This week we’ll be ready for book #3 if you can believe it!" - Stefanie, Chicago.

In order to give it a try all you need to do is sign up here, www.readwithaudrey.com and we’ll introduce you to a reading partner in no time at all.

Hoping some of you are up for giving it a try - any questions, please give me a shout.

Kind regards,

Rob
www.readwithaudrey.com