Your Favorite Things About LibriVox

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

What are your favorite things about LV?
Mine are the encouraging community...the bloopers....and....the podcasts.
And the occasional cat (Bachelor #1! Thanks to SonOfTheExiles for that :lol: )
Post back here with your favorite things about LibriVox!
Last edited by JayKitty76 on January 18th, 2019, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Definitely the community! Everyone is valued and encouraged, and I love the fact that it's international. We have people here from all over the world that we get to form connections with, even if we'll never meet. I also love the fact that I get to hear such a variety of voices from so many places.

Related to that, I love the drama forum! It took me almost a year to become involved in any dramatic recordings, but now I'm hooked. Regular group projects are, of course, collaborative, but it seems to me that dramatic recordings, in particular, always end up as so much more than just the sum of their parts. It sometimes seems nothing short of magical hearing the different characters together for the first time, and many times, you'd never, never guess that each part was recorded in isolation. You'd almost swear that the cast had rehearsed together. :9:
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Maybe I'll put dramatic reading on my 2019 bucket list.

My favorite thing about Librivox is the community. I also enjoy revisiting children's books from my past, and reading those that are new to me. I enjoy solo work, and also collaborative.
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I will probably keep posting here continually as I remember MORE stuff I love about LV...
But yeah, the dramatic reads are really awesome. I got the fantastic opportunity to play Rebecca in Twinkle88's current Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm- it was such a blast! (A lot of work, but good work...it improved my reading 'skills' and I am thankful to Twinkle for letting me try my hand at it!)
Another thing I love is BCing books. It's so much fun to organize an entire project and see the whole thing unfold! (I'm juggling BCing three projects right now...maybe a little too much (I'll stick to two or less, probably, in the future) but right now I'm having fun with all three.) My Solo is a LOT of work....I didn't quite realize exactly how much recording I'd have to do, especially since my mic broke! But it's a great opportunity to share God's light and because of that, I'll follow through with joy! :9:
As I said before, podcasts are great, unscripted fun....and the finished product completes relatively fast, and it's really cool to hear! Devorah recently put together a New Year's podcast that I had the opportunity to take part in, and it was one of the most fun LV things I've ever done 8-)
(So thanks, Devorah, for taking the initiative for starting that fantastic project :wink: )
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~