[NOT LV] Camp Literature League

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Horner94

Post by Horner94 » December 31st, 2018, 7:29 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Chad Horner. I intend to start a new project exploring different pieces of literature. I have posted a video on YouTube, found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8NY6PjjTU0

I am looking for volunteers to help me with this project. My email is: chadhorner_12 -- hotmail.co.uk

Please watch the video, leave comments and suggests. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Chad

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » December 31st, 2018, 8:17 pm

It's not a good idea to post your email in a harvestable format
Maybe a little more information about what you expect of anyone wanting to volunteer would be good - exploring literature is rather vague :D the video might explain but many members are cautious people
Anne

Horner94

Post by Horner94 » December 31st, 2018, 8:40 pm

Hello Anne,

Your response is very much appreciated. My apologies, I am new to this sort of thing. Basically I want to design a show in which I read and expound text (classics, psychology, poetry, etc.) to my audience and get an active discussion going on a piece of text in a book.

Bascially, I am looking for a helper who is good at making and editing videos in order to make my show more entertaining. Comittment is essential.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind reagrds,
Chad

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » December 31st, 2018, 10:16 pm

It would be interesting to know how many videos you are planning in which timespan. One per month? 10 per week?

Also, since "commitment is essential", is there any payment involved or are you looking for a volunteer?
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Horner94

Post by Horner94 » December 31st, 2018, 10:42 pm

Hi Anne,

Well I plan to do a video at least every month. Its early days yet. Don't know how many videos I will create? The help is voluntary and not paid.

I really appreciate that you have shown consideration.

Kind regards,
Chad

Horner94

Post by Horner94 » February 9th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Hello,

Check out my new video interview with Daniel Bruce Levin folks:
https://youtu.be/ZW6VruEcQH4

Anybody a wiz kid at video editing on a voluntary basis?

Kind regards,
Chad

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 10th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Hi Chad,

Do you have any other openings for any other jobs (i.e., besides editing?) I am interested in what you're doing. I haven't really done any video editing before but I would love to still be a part of it.
I'm sure I can learn video editing, but you'll probably want somebody else who knows how to do it already.
How do you pick the literature you discuss?

A possible suggestion for one of the books- Katherine Paterson's Bridge to Terabithia is truly one of the best books I've ever read. It would most likely attract a lot of viewers, too. Just a suggestion.

Just let me know.

Best,
JayKitty
~Rachel
~John 3:16
Want DRs? Elijah, Campbell and I have got you covered! Next DR coming soon!
Busy with little/no LV access June 15-24. Will try to keep up with claims, etc, but no/very little PLing during that time should be expected.

Horner94

Post by Horner94 » February 13th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your message! I would love for you to join the Camp Literature League! :) :thumbs:

I've watched the movie a couple times, but have not read to book. It was certainly a very entertaining movie. I've found a link to the book, as follows:

When I get time I will give it a read. If you are looking for a volunteering job, it would be useful if you could write up a script for me to give a kind of 'book review' as such on the book, although I have not read it yet.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Chad
Last edited by Availle on February 13th, 2019, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed book link. Please do not post links to copyrighted materials.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 13th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Hi Chad,

I'm not sure if you know, but I love writing and I love reading!! That's the perfect job! Thank you so much!

What date do you need the script by (or general time? When are you planning to make your next video?)

Thanks so much,

JayKitty
~Rachel
Busy with little/no LV access June 15-24. Will try to keep up with claims, etc, but no/very little PLing during that time should be expected.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Another question: How long do you want the script to be? How many minutes do you plan to discuss it?

Thanks,
JayKitty
~Rachel

Horner94

Post by Horner94 » February 13th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Hi Jay,

I'm so happy that you are enthusiastic about this role!! I am enthusiastic too! :)

So I plan to do about a 10 minute video coverage on the book (assuming that the link I shared is the complete text). So, since you have read the book and are familiar with its content you are more aware of the context.

Can you make a script for next week, although I am willing to have a look over drafts and give my opinion.

Thank you so much!! You and I are now Camp Literature League team players!

When I find time outside my University commitments, I will give the book a read, although I have watched the movie, so that helps too! :)

Thanks again!!

Kind regards,
Chad

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 13th, 2019, 8:55 pm

It's fine to recruit here but when you start handling details of non PD stuff please exchange emails and do it off forum. We need to stay squeaky clean

Anne

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 14th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Sure, Chad, I'll make a script next week.
Thanks for that job offer!

Anne, I'll be sure to start emailing Chad once I get the script done and stuff. Is the email in the first post correct (with the two hyphens and everything, or was that an admin edit?)

Thanks,
JayKitty
~Rachel

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 14th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Take out the two hyphens and put the @ sign. And remove all spaces. :)
Nonfiction: Human Radiation Experiments HERE
Insomnia Collection!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 14th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Thanks, Tricia. I'll do that :thumbs: Does the underscore count as a space? I've seen some.emails with underscores before.
~Rachel